Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Congrats To Turn Number 22 In The Charts This Week

Options
  • 03-08-2002 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

WELL DONE LADS YOU DESERVE IT.

S

XXX

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭MrGump

Well in fairness they really deserved it, Ollie really pushed the new single at all the instore gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭buzzerbuckley

the question is:how many singles do you need to get at no.22?my guess would be about 200.With a gig the previuois night giving out discounts for the single,I was hoping for a better showing,to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Sasha

Turn sold 1,368 to get to 22.
    It varies every week. last week this would have got them no 8
    this week the no 1 single sold 2,347.

Tough week in the charts even more **** selling than usual

S

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Has anyone else noticed this?

In Navan I paid 4.99 europes for an autographed single.

In Blanchardstown SC I paid 5.99 europes. No Autographs.

In Dublin city centre, I paid a whopping 7.99 europes ( I was expecting a free Turn gig in my back garden for this.)

The single just got dearer the closer I got to Dublin!

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't know many people (apart from me) that are going to run out and buy a few copies at this price.

Are Irish music retailers shooting Irish artists in the foot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭MrGump

It costs 4.99 in tower, but it was meant to be 2euro with the voucher instead I got a 10% discount which I could have got with a student card anyway!

I don't think that music retailers are particularly attacking Irish artists, its just that the price of CD's is rising in general .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Oh yes, defintitely, there's a jump in prices. I know I'm constantly broke, and many thanks to certain music retailers who have prevented me starving with their two for 35 offers.

But the difference in prices for singles.....should they really vary so much from place to place?

Isn't there some law about this?

(Quick!! To the Batfax!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭buzzerbuckley

over a thousand eh?much more than I thought to be honest.not bad at all.a couple of grand for the boys.At least there`s a few songs on it,though to be honest neither of the a sides are in the class of "in position".will it stay in the charts or bounce back into oblivion?over to you sasha.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Sasha

Ok

I actually think "another year over" and "summer song" are amazing.
    No other irish bands write songs like these. I must admit i loooved "inposition" but "another year over" rocks. I love the last song on the single too.

I like in "ANYO" when ollie says "it's getting so i can see, the wood from the tree's" it's a reverence to "bereta" when he say's "i can't see wood for tree's" it's an up song he's saying things are changing, he's saying he's starting to "see things more clearly" "and lives got new melody"

It's all good
    Their album I'm sure will be amazing.
    They just need a break. So give em one

XXXXX

S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Cat

Nice one Sasha, u said it, they deserve all things good, God knows they work hard enough at it.

About the price of singles, it's the same with everything since the Euro came in, a bottle of coke where I work is 1.25, when itt used to be 80p!!! It's not fair, and less mainstream bands have to drop their prices so they'll sell a couple more CDs, and end up making less money for themselves. Tis a terrible way to be!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i think people are missing what silverfish is saying, shes not giving out about inflation, but talking about 3 very different prices for a cd!
    i dont think there is a law against it, unless say, it happened in 3 different hmv stores....im not sure, you'd have to check with someone who knows their business studies (i did....got an a in me junior cert *chuffed braginess*...but that was *so * long ago!)

yeah, i dont really like the single loads, another year over's crap, but summer song is gorgeous. I'm just listening to in position now and its feckin amazing, youre right, there's no band in ireland doing this at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

stop saying another year over is crap drowner aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh it is great indeed................

well done lads didn't know if u would sell that many in the first week hopefully it will stay in the charts for a while now come on push it again..................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

yeah i think another year over is class...

oh and well done to turn...they deserve it and i'm really happy for them..though i hope they keep playing the TBMC coz turn in the TBMC is always gonna be a fantastic gig!!!!ALWAYS!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

yes indeed kurdt even if u do knee me in the back of the head a few times!!!!! hahaha

Advertisement