Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound Cards

• 03-08-2002 6:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭

Allright, im looking to get a sound cards as the one in my other pc is totally fu**ed, it seems to sound all staticy. Anywho. I have to also buy a monitor so im not looking for a card that TOO expensive.

I was looking at the following cards:
    - Soundblaster Audigy Player (Bulk) (€100)
    - SB Live! Player 5.1 (€50)

I know the first one is better but it is like €100. Are there ary other cards out there that are better and cheaper then the Audigy as if i dont get the audigy ill have to settle for the Live! one .... which i kinda dont want to :( but less money spent the better as i can put that towards the one monitor i need to get :D

Any ideas on a card?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You dont say what you want the card for- music, gaming, both?
    Not that it really matters as the Audigy is by far an away the best value all-rounder going. I use a Live (the big one with the extra
    i/o) and my stuff sounds great (!), but the Audigy has a better
    chip its true. I think you've answered your own question really.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Hercules do a good range of similar spec'd soundcards to the Creative ones that are generally cheaper but I've yet to hear of anyone that took the plunge and bought one.

I'd recommend NOT going for the SB 4.1 - i'm amazed at how much it slows down my games. Modern games will just overwhelm a crappy soundcard. The Live! 5.1 would be your minimum spec.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

That Audigy that u have a link to, how good is it compared to the soundblaster live one. Is there a better sound card that audigy cause im thinkin of buying it

Advertisement