Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Muppetry

• 03-08-2002 10:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭

Hummm.......

i dont mind the occasional bit 'o spam [keeps the bloody place interestin] but the muppetry on our beloved boards recently is startin to pis* me off. i point u in the directon of our recently departed mr.dic and now sonic. See the "for sale", "pi" and after hours" boards for urself. is there nothin our all powerful admins can do to combat this type of ****e???

Jimmy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Sonick is just a spam account, he'll stop soon.
    What else do you see spamwise?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Gotta agree there. He kinda needs a slapping. Its one thing about spam but this is annoying spam. And before you say anything there are 2 kinds of spam :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Is it just me or do they always seem to appear at the weekend? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by Winters
    Gotta agree there. He kinda needs a slapping. Its one thing about spam but this is annoying spam. And before you say anything there are 2 kinds of spam :D
    You should know.

Humm.. :confused:

I guess you posted this after the Half-Life thread?

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Bring them to our attention here and we'll deal with them. Theres too much traffic on Boards for us to monitor all boards with the number of admins and the mods *can* ban people from their board if they like.

Someone took care of Sonick already bacause I cant find him as a user. You spelt it correctly?

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

ok found him, he'd created 27 accounts (26 hadnt posted yet).
    with 27 different email address ... hahah that must have taken an age...

Well they are all gone now.... all gone...
    Gotta love sql.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

YES< YES MUAHAHAHA:D

Cheersa

Jimmy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

27!!!christ on a bike not even Unsane went that far!btw does anyone remeber the unsane era?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

MY GOD! <resists urge to make bubbles joke due to the times a changin>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sonic10

i think i am this thread is for games and website for games
    i cantr delete my email so please reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Is there any reason why this muppet posted in Programming wanting to know how to fix his MP3 player and in Emulators share his experience about fishing with his dad?

Those are just two examples. more here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

Oh, by the time you read this it might be sorted already but...

there are a large number of posts by sonic10 on boards. Most of them are blatant trolls (bonsai cats, OT remarks etc).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Yeah, like getting used to being raped...?

and blatant spam/nonsense
    i haveb these fones to sell they have no charger and i dont know the pin numbers for it
    nokia 6310
    motorol t121
    sieemans c35i
    nokia 3310

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Sonic10, you really are posting some drivel up now aren't you. I would ban you from the PI forum (as if you cared huh) but I guess your IP is going to be banned so I won't bother.

Banned, etc.

left that account alive to trace etc. Seems he's aleast affiliated with Mr Dictionary.

DeV.

Originally posted by DeVore
    left that account alive to trace etc. Seems he's aleast affiliated with Mr Dictionary.

Thats all we need now... :rolleyes:
    Will it not make any differance if you ban his IP as our IPs change every thime we logon to the net as we all use dial up in Ireland :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I think thats why his account is still open so he can be tracked down ;) , he`ll soon get fed up i`d say.

Actually some of the posts are funneh and provide my muppetry fix(tm), well untill college starts back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by Winters

Thats all we need now... :rolleyes:
    Will it not make any differance if you ban his IP as our IPs change every thime we logon to the net as we all use dial up in Ireland :(

Ahh the false sense of security that is the dial up. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

lol
    Thread: Religion
    Preview: i am look for fix for riovolt mp3 cd player it skips all the time when i am jogging to work on the stilorgan dual carrageway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

Is there any reason why this muppet posted in Programming wanting to know how to fix his MP3 player and in Emulators share his experience about fishing with his dad?
    Oh sweet jesus, I never laughed as much in one day. I did a search for all his posts, and this guy should either be locked up or given his own tv show. Hobbes, I was waiting for you to mention it, and I nearly wet myself when I saw your reply (ply'ed) :D

Here's the list
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=39941&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

;-phobos-)

Advertisement