Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lord of the Rings DVD

• 04-08-2002 2:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭

For all of you chumps waiting until the 6th for your copy of the Lord of the Rings DVD - Xtravision have started selling them early.. thirty-five bucks a pop.

Anyway, with the inclusion of the "Special edition DVD preview" 'feature' on the LoTR DVD, anyone get reminded of a drug dealer offering you the first hit at a discount, knowing full well that you're going to spend the sixty bucks (or whatever it's going to be) in November, just for another shot?

After that 'feature' ended, the room was quiet, and I could actually hear the smugness growing in Hollywood (or maybe it was New Zealand, my hearing isn't what it used to be). Followed by the sound of glasses being clinked together in a toast, a few cigars being lit, and then.. what I'm sure was.. deep, gut laughter.

Noone else get that?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59717

play.com have been shipping them for a wee while also.

Works out at about 26 euros from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

That whole thread wasn't nearly as funny as my one post, so I am boycotting it.

Or: I just didn't see it.

One or the other.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by sceptre
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59717

play.com have been shipping them for a wee while also.

Works out at about 26 euros from there.

Yeah, mine (I should really say hers) arrived last Wednesday and the missus has it nearly worn out already!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

bought it yesterday from xtravision. bloody great movie. €35 but well worth it. also got €1 vouchers off my next 5 rentals so that helps.
    the clips of LOTR: The Two Towers looks amazing. its going to be so much darker than the first movie :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Thrasher

I presume the Special Edition will cost another €50 or so...

What extra scenes are in this version (extra 30 minutes?). More Hobbits? More Orcs?

And were these extra scenes produced as well as the original 3 hours (i.e. I hope the digital effects are as seamless as the original ones and that they didn's shove in a few weaker scenes that hadn't made the final cut....).

Note: "Special Edition".... not "Director's Cut"...hmmm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

Yes the extra footage is apparently going to be seamlessly integrated into the next release. It was cut out of the cinema release to increase the pace of the film and to keep it as short as possible. It includes more of the Shire, more of Aragorn and Boromir at Rivendell, a longer Council of Elrond, a longer battle with the cave troll, gift-giving at Lothlorien, another Gollum cameo and a longer final battle against the Uruk-hai. All in all it should be about 34 minutes.

And its "Special Edition" because apparently "Director's Cut" implies that the cinema release wasn't as good as it could have been. But "Special Edition" obviously doesn't, it just implies that the cinema release wasn't special.

}:>

Advertisement