Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monday: off-peak all day for "free" dialup and NoLimits?

Options
  • 04-08-2002 2:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭

As in the subject header. Still off-peak on Bank holidays?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Humm... i hope it is cos tv is usually rubbish and im not gonna spend 4c a minute online.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

afaik it is. Eircom wouldn't have gone and changed that...would they??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Hmm... This brings back bad memories... I was disconnected from SurfNoLimits on a bank holiday in April 2 years ago, only 2 weeks after the connection problem was sorted... :/

First they said it was due to a 'clerical error' (too complicated to explain).
    Then 2 years later it was 'not taking advantage of the service'.

I'm not too happy with what they said after wondering/waiting for the past 2 years! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Originally posted by Kennett
    Then 2 years later it was 'not taking advantage of the service'.

What the f**k? Esat have cut people off for "not taking advantage of the service" and for "over-using the service." Jesus Christ Esat, make up your minds what you want people to do!

Seems to me like they're looking for any little excuse at all to cut people off or cancel the service completely.

"Sorry folks, we're cutting you off for not using the service enough."

"Sorry folks, we're cutting you off for using the service too much."

"Actually, sod it, let's just shut it down to hell. And why are we doing this? We'll you only have yourselves to blame, folks!"

Jesus Christ! :mad: :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

i was pretty p*ssed off when i heard the first reason, but in time i almost fully learnt to live with it. then, later on, i spotted something about IOFFL in PC Live. a few months after that, i went back to that pc live and went onto the site, and well here i am. :)

Advertisement