Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

18th B.Day Gift Ideas

• 04-08-2002 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭

I am trying to think of a a gift for a friend who's haveing an 18th birthday soon. I don't want to just give her cash or something normal. I was thinking of something along the lines of Getting a star named after her (I know, SCAM) or getting her the Karma Sutra :D but I don't know.

Any one got any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Any multiple of 567 ml of the beverage of their choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

Originally posted by Robbo
    Any multiple of 567 ml of the beverage of their choice.

I taught about that, and it's a good one but i will be getting her some on the night so.

I think that aswell as a gift I shall make a CD with a collection of songs thta suit I am going to put Thin Lizzy's 'Sarah' because you guessed it that's her name, can anyone else think of other songs that i might be able to add songs about turning 18 or bithday songs, songs with 'Sarah' in them etc please let me know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

The Vandals - Girls Turn 18 Everyday :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

i know two with 17 in them if that helps?:
    "when i was seventeen.......it was a very good year.."
    "i learned the truth at seventeen, that love was meant for beauty queens....."

then of course, there's that abysmal bryan adams song "18 til i die"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Buy them a piece of the moon.

then get them soooo loaded they actually think that they can drive themselves to their new property to inspect the cheese harvest.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by SyxPak
    Buy them a piece of the moon.

then get them soooo loaded they actually think that they can drive themselves to their new property to inspect the cheese harvest.

I taught about that, for anyone wishing to buy land on the moon visit http://www.moonestates.com/, I can imagine this one beliveing she can visit her new property without filling her with drink!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

No one owns the moon or stars so whats the point in buying a piece of land or a shiny light when they dont have any more right to sell you it than myself or beardedchicken. So no matter how man certifcates you produce to the moon man saying you own the moon so get your teensy purple ass back to blisstonia and off my moon, he just tell you to *&^$ (" or in english fLlck off.

buy her a book on learning pujunan (a penutian language spoken by the Maidu people who are basically north american indians) or a book on entering womanhood alternatively some cds, clothes voucher, food stamps, coupons for tesco or kinky underwear and make sure she models it after a few bottles of pure vodka.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

Just buy them a high powered sniper rifle and "The Catcher in the Rye" and see what happens next.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

Originally posted by deco
    Just buy them a high powered sniper rifle and "The Catcher in the Rye" and see what happens next.....

hehe good call !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

furry handcuffs?body chocolate? package them together and make her open them in the pub :D
    also: a bottle of Absinthe?
    rohypnol? (just to show her you care :D )
    pre-rolled cones?(if you dont know what i'm on about dont ask)
    some sweet release? (www.sweetrelease.com)

• Advertisement

furry handcuffs?body chocolate? package them together and make her open them in the pub :D
    ]
    I can't Imagine her face if i did that
    rohypnol? (just to show her you care :D )
    You sick f'er :D
    pre-rolled cones?(if you dont know what i'm on about dont ask)
    I think i have an Idea, A Maddona Bra :D
    some sweet release? (www.sweetrelease.com)
    I have never seen that b4 but i like it :)

Advertisement