Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question:

Options
  • 04-08-2002 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭

not so much a boards question, as a general net question:
    i've always wondered what this "all your base are belong to us" thing people talk about, is about!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Originally posted by beardedchicken
    not so much a boards question, as a general net question:
    i've always wondered what this "all your base are belong to us" thing people talk about, is about!

Good question. I've been netting for about six years and have come across the phase numerous times, yet never bothered to find out what the phrase actually meant.

This article seems to shed some light on it http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/28/17122.html

It appears 'all your base' was something along the lines of the equally pointless '... ate my balls' series.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Yeah, basically it's about the intense surrealism when japanese (or any language) is badly translated into english.

I deal a lot with Tawainese h/w and have actually read the phrase "Gain pleasure as driver installed becomes"

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

You Thank Much Very.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

This might help explain it:
    http://www.planettribes.com/allyourbase/

It's an old dead joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Puck
    It's an old dead joke.

Really funny the first time though (especially if it was at the start of the game)

Guests will remember to clean soiled toilet before leaving. No solids in toilet please:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement