Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win2000 startup

• 04-08-2002 6:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭

Anyone know how I can get rid of kazaa starting up every time I boot up the pc? It's annoying because I have to wait for it to load up and then it asks if I want to connect to the internet and the answer is always the same no!!!

Help is appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Try Tools > Options (in Kazza), there's an option in User to launch automatically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭s8n

yep......thats it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

You could also try typing "msconfig" in run (windows 98,me)
    and clicking the startup tab to remove it and other crap you dont want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

yeah I tried all those and it still comes up. I can see it in the software environment in the manage computer tab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Rufus T Firefly

Yep I had a similar problem with Grokster - not that it tried to connect to the internet, but the program launched (along with other Gain software) when I started up on Windows 2000. It slowed the machine down to buggery. When I tried to dump the offending .exe files in Program Files, the machine told me I couldn't do this as the files were in use.

I got round this by pressing F8 when launching and selecting Safe Mode. This stopped the Gain software kicking in and I gleefully dumped them. This method is of course a last resort (Gain seem to leave various irritating bits on your machine even after uninstall for Grokster), but if you can work with another program than Kazaa, then it could be worh trying. Oddly enough, I have Kazaa in Windows 2000 and haven't had this auto-connection problem. File Freedom irritates the tripe out of me though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Get msconfig(xp version) and use it on Win2k, sorts everything out

Advertisement