Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chat Rooms (Extremely Important That All Moderators Read This)

• 04-08-2002 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi all,
    To the moderators of Boards.ie, i would like to bring to attention the chat boards, i used them yesterday for the first time the the language was so perverted i wo'nt quote what was said as it might offend ye (It offended me) The talk was disgraceful the 3 main culpits were A fellow called Giblet, another called logic gone, and micro home. looks like what they say about chat rooms is right . I think they should be banned from the chat room. There should be a moderator for the chat room. As if a child read what i read i'd say Boards.ie might be in hot water. If ye can do something please do so now

Regards Culchie Boy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

were they usin the word fu<k and dick?and the biggest sex..i know it scares alot off ppl dont worry ur not the only one fagboy..
    they are evil like girls and chicken,
    stay away from this place
    if ur mother saw it!!
    u wud be spanked like ur monkey...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Culchie Boy

Everything you mentioned was also mentioned in the chat room.

Regards Culchie Boy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

lol? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I'm devastated that you feel that what i was saying is out of order, I'm here to apologise, but would rather if I could do it in person. You can find me nightly at:
    Big Berthas Shemales
    yoremasville
    Dublin 69
    And it was the moderators that were saying "such bad things"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

ahhhhhh giblet i knows it was another one of those

" no you is the one that takes up the anus "

conversations that you do have on them thar new fangled comunications technologies,

g'wan admit it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

*Beats head off desk*

(Culchie Boy's head, specifically.)

If you can't take the heat, get the fúck out of the kitchen. Nobody forces you to sit in a chatroom reading things that offend you deeply and make you have to run down to the parish priest for an emergency confession.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

The Intarweb is evil I tells ya! They shoud delete it!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

I agree.

Yeah I find it very offensive when people use words such as fu.ck, arse, bollox and sh1t in those chatrooms. It's ok when they're used in context but otherwise there is no need for profane words like sh1t, arse and fu.ck!

Granted, one rarely sees such language out here on the forums but those chatrooms are a fu.cking disgrace!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

i think i stumbled in on this conversation, was v. funny first line i read was something like Culchie_Boy trying to get accross that he was with the gardai and was tracking ip's or something

anyway v. funny, nearly fell off the seat laughing, thank you culchie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

HA HA, I never heard of such conversations...... at least fortress.ie keeps the filth until 5 am..... (cast eyes towards my sig) well, thats the real filth any way.

John

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Actually it was more of a "I gives it to yorema in the anus" conversation. Believe me if you were there, you'd do the same.
    I know Shinji would, dirty dirty boy.

I can honestly say that I would most certainly not give it to yore ma in the anus, Giblet. Frankly, I wouldn't touch her with yours :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

good fuccking point culchie_boy, those motherfuccking pillow biting anal intruders should be kept off the fuccking internet, keep the fuccking internet clean for our fuccking kids, i mean little jimmy (who no doubt always hangs around these chatrooms) should not have to listen to this kind of fuccking sick language, jesus fuccking christ what the fucck were those guys on to have such a fuccking sick conversation on the fuccking internet, i bet they mentioned the f-word a lot didnt they? id like to support culchie_boys pleas for less fuccking swearing on the fuccking internet you homo paedophile fuccking fuccks, i mean ive seen this all before, they talk about things like fuccking each other up the fuccking ass, and fuccking and shhit.. thats not all, they talk about donkeys having sex (SEX?!? WHAT THE FUCCK?? DONKEYS DONT HAVE SEX YOU MORONS!), this one time (at band camp) i was in irc and i was watching this guy describing how he would like to have sex with big burd from sesame street! i mean what the fucck?? he went on to describe exactly how he had anal troubles because his boyfriend (which was basically his mother with a strap-on) used to fucck him too hard in the ass every night, so he used to bleed from his ass every day, and had to use tampons to keep in the fuccking bleeding or else he would fuccking die!
    anyway i hope you are successful, the fuccking internet needs to calm the fucck down and stop swearing so much, i mean if little jimmy heard the f-word he'd be scarred for life, wouldnt he.. so stop swearing so fuccking much you fuccking fuccks, or ill fucck your fuccking mothers so hard in the fuccking ass that they bleed for fuccking days!
    i also think pictures of womens titties are evil, we should be looking at more pictures of fat mens titties instead
    you guys sicken me, im off to have a ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

lol!:D
    man this is the greates thread since shinji posted the watford thread....
    well culchie boy i hope u told ur mammy bout this boy koopa..he is a evil bastard who loves lookin for farmer boys to have anal with...the story he gave was about him and his dad..poor bastard...fair fuccks for comin clean koopa..well done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

In irc you have to expect the worst no matter what. like look at my sig! logic and micro and gilbet are sound guys what is disscused on irc is normally brought up by someone if you dont get the start of the conversation you wont get it. the guys are sound just give them a chance your best bet is to stay there for a while to see what the conversation is about. if you doont like it go to fortress.ie then female talk will push you back to boards.ie its normally quiet juts give it a chance. life is life and i am drunk so sorry in advance. last time i check board after drink. just go to bed. you will understand the peeps better you will understand the conversation better just get ti know them i know they can be a tad weird at time just give thema chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

oh, it gets worse...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sonic10

i think internet is chatrooms by da way anyone have cheat for mortal kombat 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Ok... hang on hang on...

I'm all for the whole laughing me arse off at the "mortified" muddar. But i think there's a certain line being crossed here. I mean, it's stopped being funny and it's just gotten cruel and stupid. There's no need to slam the newbie that much just cause they have an overgrown sense of moral outrage. Yes slam them, but goddamn this really is goin too far.

... put that quote generator in the navigation menu!

also... how's about this for an idea... make a Admin/Complaints forum and then make it the one place banned people can post. That way you're appeasing ALL the idiots! :D

There's no need to slam the newbie that much just cause they have an overgrown sense of moral outrage.

Yes there is. Personal entertainment.

HE HE, shinji, you are so harse to the young fellows..... like me. I cry when you say things like that.

John

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Culchie_Boy should just consider himself lucky that he wasn't around on the night or two where mangy tampons were the main topic of conversation :D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Firstly, Boards.ie's chat system is tied into a medium called IRC. There are many users using that system, MOST use other access means then Boards.ie's chat system (for example I use a program called MIRC).

Secondly we cannot regulate the content on such a chat forum, nor would we try. Its a freedom of speech issue. You are, however, free to think worse of the prople who use such language. You own your own words.

Thirdly, the internet is a city. It has its red light areas, its corporate areas, its pubs and community halls.

You wouldnt let your kids wander around a city without adult supervision. Nor should you let your kids use unrestricted communications mediums without supervision.

Apologies if you found some of our user's senses of humour unpalatable. We dont believe in controlling the public and I firmly believe the freedom of speech is the freedom to say things some (or indeed many) people will not want to hear.

I do however try and enforce some form of civility on this website as much as possible but as I've said that is a communications medium outside of our control to which we merely provide a window for users who choose to use it.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I agree with Culchie Boy. and while at it, lets ban bulletin boards, cus somebody may inadvertently say the word "poo". Then we'd be the ones crying.

By the way, if you look at mental age logic technically is a kid, so a kid has already read these things.

heres a bit of advice: get your pc, put it back in the box, and send it back. you are too annoying to own or operate a pc.

Your sincerely,

Foobar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

i had a look at them quotes there that Bard had set up , yeah there funny hehe ....................yes ye bold folks ye , !

Bard didn't set up the quotes, myself and Dustaz did. I'm going to update them with the latest source file later this week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

It would be pretty easy to sit hear and flame culchie out of it(and it is), but to "clean" up the channel, we would lose our freedom of speech.

If a chat room(or whatever) is offensive then simply click out of it, you are not bound to stay there or anything.

Yeah the chats dirty, but tbh its mainly tumble weed rolling by a dusty road type of place, thats my opinion - so i choose not to go into the IRC channel(not that often~only when wwm is interagating 15yr olds)

:p :rolleyes: :);):D :eek:

ps Shinji couldn`t you set up a a button that would refresh the page, i could give you some help if needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

originally posted by Shinji

Bard didn't set up the quotes, myself and Dustaz did. I'm going to update them with the latest source file later this week

oh rite , sorry i did`nt know who done em , but there pretty funny , ha nice one lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

ign.ie.quakenet.org
    #fortress.ie
    #boards.ie
    #tech.ie
    #quake.ie
    #unreal.ie
    #opflash.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Shinji why are you being a spa, does it make you feel big and powerfull to put down the little guy? You are your mates have been doing if for as long as I've been here and you know its boring. Nothing more then school yard bullying.

Why don't you try take your "Personal entertainment" on to Devore or another admin, then we could all laugh at you getting your arse kicked. But you wont because Your a small, petty, insecure man, with an over inflated ego and your not as charming as you think.

Devore nice keeping control of the forum, well done. I remember a certain mod getting removed for less language then was used here, maybe your taking a hint form esat and only looking at the spirit of the rules.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

would it be possible to add a ratings system like they had on geekquotes? it had little + and - signs on either side of the quote and if you liked a quote youd hit plus, which would make its rating go up by one. you could then do a top 50 or maybe top 100 quotes section :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

hmmm, Rich with a good idea?

Nah..must be his sister or something...

forget to log out of boards again rich? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

i dont have a sister. youre thinking of marco and his attractive sibling :P

Your a small, petty, insecure man, with an over inflated ego

I'm not called small very often - cheers for that. I do think I've lost a bit of weight recently, nice of someone to notice!

Oh, hey, what happened to your resolution not to post here any more? I kinda liked that whole idea, you should have stuck to it.

It's not like you're contributing anything meaningful - all I've seen you do recently is bleet like a sheep with a broken rib about the venue for the Boards Beer, and now jump in with both feet to slag me off.... Although of course you're standing up for poor Johnny Troll up there, and it's got nowt at all to do with the fact that I showed you up as an idiot several times prior to your big tearful "I'm leaving and I won't come back!" speech.

I'm amused by this suggestion from some 17 year old kid who's barely off his mammy's tit and who's left boards.ie in a noisy huff more times than he's had sex that I'm the insecure one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

I
    heart.jpg
    logic|gone

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

i'm looking for some sort of idea, if anybody out there has one can they put it in an email and give it to boston coz he really needs it!...(ffs sake let it things go!)

IRC can be a bit rough at first, but it gets better, a whole lot better... give it a week!

you think your first time in #boards.ie was bad culchie boy? Someone threatened to have my ass fired on my first go of it!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Shinji

I'm not called small very often - cheers for that. I do think I've lost a bit of weight recently, nice of someone to notice!

Yea between your ears
    Oh, hey, what happened to your resolution not to post here any more? I kinda liked that whole idea, you should have stuck to it.

Your unique physic, witt and force of personality has charmed me back, like a cheap prostitute to a randy,past it, self fluctuating quake 3 player.

it's not like you're contributing anything meaningful - all I've seen you do recently is bleet like a sheep with a broken rib about the venue for the Boards Beer, and now jump in with both feet to slag me off....
    Hey im sure you knew it was a gay bar but I didn't, besides last I heard you didn't have the balls to show.

Although of course you're standing up for poor Johnny Troll up there, and it's got nowt at all to do with the fact that I showed you up as an idiot several times prior to your big tearful "I'm leaving and I won't come back!" speech.

Get over yourself, I don't even remember you, except for the one time you threatened to sue me because I called you a pothead, Btw I never said I was leaving, I was just occupied

I'm amused by this suggestion from some 17 year old kid who's barely off his mammy's tit and who's left boards.ie in a noisy huff more times than he's had sex that I'm the insecure one

Uuuuuuuuuu that's good, the whole kiddo/incest/drama queen slag all rolled into one.

You have father issues because your father is your mothers brothers boyfriend, you wet the bed at age 23 because you have a faddish for nappies, your favorite subject at school was music because you got to play with your friends flute, you've never had sex though several boards members have had sex in your bed. you spend your days fighting with 17 year old drama queens because it compensates for your undersized penis, and your first/last girlfriend liked to riddle you in the ass with your mothers strap on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Ah Boston, are you getting all upset again? Remember what happened last time?

I believe a Newbie Union should be set up with Boston in charge, fighting for the rights of the new and the clueless. You know, the ones that feel entirely justified in criticizing a community when they have yet to learn it's ways. The ones that just jump in head first and expect to be respected without earning it.

I mean boards.ie should be just like a pub. You should be able to walk up to a group of people and shout "HI! MY NAMES' [INSERT NAME HERE] AND I... rant rant rant" and for people to suddenly love you. Hmmm wait a minute, that's not what happens at pubs (apart from April 27th, but I'm sure AW had a few drinks in him at that stage..) That only happens at self-help groups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Yeah but boards are probably more like a self-help group than a pub anyway ;).

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

awe , poor culchie boy... come on back , we promise not to call you a fecker or anything like that ever, ever again...
    the occasional fisting, yes..but that's to be expected :D

we'll behave, really we will.....

muah ha ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by Mills
    Yeah but boards are probably more like a self-help group than a pub anyway ;).

Probably but I don't read PI much ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Originally posted by amp

Probably but I don't read PI much ;)

Yeah, you just post... as Unregistered!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Perhaps we should have a PARENTAL ADVISORY sticker on boards as a whole.

"Warning: Explicit Posts Inside".

Perhaps some proper topics of discussion could be suggested for IRC.

I'm reminded of that song
    "Its just porn mom, you're running away.
    You wouldnt believe what the kids see today."

DeV.

Cor, not only has Boston's prolonged absence in the wilderness taught him how to spell and form coherent sentences, he's even got the occasional decent comeback now! Is this really the same person? If he goes away again for a few months, will he be intelligent and reasonable and have lost the attitude too? Who knows!
    Hey im sure you knew it was a gay bar but I didn't, besides last I heard you didn't have the balls to show.

Ah yes Boston, I confess, I'm not going because I phear you too much, I'm worried about what you and all your friends on the boards might do to me!

... no wait.... No, it was something to do with plane tickets and the christening of one of my friends' newborn son... Darn.

Oh, and it's not a gay bar. That's merely the first in a long litany of things that you whinged and moaned about before getting down to the nitty-gritty, which is that you don't think that the bouncers will let an 'orrible little scummer like you in. I'm sure the organisers (you know, those people who get up off their backsides and do stuff rather than complaining about it all the time) are probably crying their eyes out about that one.
    I don't even remember you
    You are your mates have been doing if for as long as I've been here

Coh, just fancy that. Boston, contradicting himself? Nevuuuurrrr.

By the way, your last insult wasn't bad - lacking originality and a bit more bile-fuelled than actually high quality, but you're getting there! Unfortunately it lacked the truth which mine carried. And I'm not 23. But still - you're getting better, keep it up etc.

Call it spam, call it blatent abuse..... but you B0ston are most defiently a fúcking Twat. Thank you.

John

(Ps. Devore I love you, dont 12 click me ;))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

yet ye all continue to feed the troll! :rolleyes:

--

People are rude. Deal with it.

Just thought I should justify my last post so that I don't come across as an idiot <yeah too late, i know>.

Basically, culchie guy should be shot. True. He is, let's face it, a moron. On the other hand, being a prick makes people also deserve to be shot. And quite a lot of people were being pricks. Yeah, point out this is free speach, sure. But WTF?! You took it a bit far with the personal insults. I mean, there's humour and there's bein a vindictive piece of ****.

And this isn't about the Boston bashing, cause that's damned funny! ;p It's just about slamming on a whiney cu|\|t before he could explain himself... perhaps he's got some issues. Coulda been funny having an idiot around! ... well... we do have half the boards population and sonic guy <still posting might i add...>.

Be my rant. Aye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

If people will insist in listening to what's essentially a private conversation, albeit one in a (potentially) public place, can they really complain about the content, as long as it's legal?

FFS, this is another symptom of a silly world that requires warning labels about the dangers of inserting cats into microwaves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Well I don't think Culchie Boy deserves to be shot or even think that he is a moron (not based on this thread anyway).

He's new, plain and simple. We were all newbies at one time (I still think of myself as a newbie) and Boards.ie is hard to get used to for some. Some people just don't fit in with the sense of humour or community here and they would be better off spending their time doing something they would enjoy more.

If the commuity doesn't suit them then they should leave because they're not going to change it by complaining. I, for one, love this place, there's always something to make me laugh or interest me and I'm not really bothered by anyone.

He does seem to be a bit full of himself though with the thread entitled "Chat Rooms (Extremely Important That All Moderators Read This)".

Sorry Culchie Boy but it doesn't look like this site is for you... but thats just my opinion.

Personally I say we knock him out, drag him into our basement and... no gimp you say? tsk tsk tsk...

But yeah. He doesn't fit in. Remove him and be done with this petty and trivial idiocy. <stops dreaming he's an admin>... i mean... There are many guards at the castle?

Cor, not only has Boston's prolonged absence in the wilderness taught him how to spell and form coherent sentences, he's even got the occasional decent comeback now! Is this really the same person?

Amazing what a few months in the youth detention and torment centre, that is YOUR MA, will do to a guy.
    Ah yes Boston, I confess, I'm not going because I phear you too much, I'm worried about what you and all your friends on the boards might do to me!

We could always make you moderator of a gaming forum and laugh as your browse mind numbing spirit cruising soul trenching posts, Till you you piss away your life arguing about X Boxes and Game Cubes and the benefits of the fi 210 MOD chip on quake 54 level 2, Yes we “Could” do that.
    Which is that you don't think that the bouncers will let an 'orrible little scummer like you in

As a member of “scummers for Ireland” I find this post highly insulting, Scummers are people too and need protection from those that may, from a great height, use the evil “belly flop of death” to harm them, This would be you.
    The organizers (you know, those people who get up off their backsides
    And what mighty great backsides they do have.
    Crying their eyes out about that one
    Why, did you try to kiss them again, you remember the conditions of your parole don’t you.
    By the way, your last insult wasn't bad - lacking originality and a bit more bile-fuelled than actually high quality, but you're getting there! Unfortunately it lacked the truth which mine carried. And I'm not 23. But still - you're getting better, keep it up etc.

Why thank you BoardI-Master, Everything I learned about being a demonical, evil, self satisfying, all round mean cµnt, I learnt from YOURMA

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement