Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chat Rooms (Extremely Important That All Moderators Read This)

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by SearrarD

you think your first time in #boards.ie was bad culchie boy? Someone threatened to have my ass fired on my first go of it!

Hehehehehe.

BAN CASTOR TROY!

.logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

ah ffs, i was abusing the pants off him and he didnt mention my name. THATS JUST PLAIN WRONG. :P

/me gets on his newbie bashing pants :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

zzzzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

pooo.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

As usual Wwman makes the essential point. You're boring Boston, shut up already.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Did somebody say something?

Hello?

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Originally posted by sceptre
    FFS, this is another symptom of a silly world that requires warning labels about the dangers of inserting cats into microwaves.

My monitor came very close to having a coating of half-chewed tuna sandwich there, was lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

whocares.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Culchie Boy

Hi,
    i' m back fist of all to thank all of ye fo repling. Am this is my largest thread as of yet anyway i am happing to see some people partialy agree with me, on the other hand DeVore's solution is an excellent one
    Perhaps we should have a PARENTAL ADVISORY sticker on boards as a whole.
    this sound like an excellent solution to me anyway i used the chat rooms yesterday things have improved a good bit. DeVores solution covers N.B if emplemented could cover boards.ie from any law suite. I saw on fox news last year a 13 year old was raped by some pervert she met in a chat room and she ignorantly gave him her name and address. This is what was hinting at might happen get my drift. On the other hand i sounded like a communist (my apoligies for offending any body on the freedom of speach thing) like freedom of speach is what makes our country great. And to lordsippa get a life i was trying to make a point,
    saying i should be shot huh
    Just thought I should justify my last post so that I don't come across as an idiot <yeah too late, i know>.

Basically, culchie guy should be shot. True. He is, let's face it, a moron. On the other hand, being a prick makes people also deserve to be shot. And quite a lot of people were being pricks. Yeah, point out this is free speach, sure. But WTF?! You took it a bit far with the personal insults. I mean, there's humour and there's bein a vindictive piece of ****.

And this isn't about the Boston bashing, cause that's damned funny! ;p It's just about slamming on a whiney cu|\|t before he could explain himself... perhaps he's got some issues. Coulda been funny having an idiot around! ... well... we do have half the boards population and sonic guy <still posting might i add...>.

Be my rant. Aye.

For goodness sake their was no need of that or what is Quoted below
    Personally I say we knock him out, drag him into our basement and... no gimp you say? tsk tsk tsk...

But yeah. He doesn't fit in. Remove him and be done with this petty and trivial idiocy. <stops dreaming he's an admin>... i mean... There are many guards at the castle?

Obivously we know who is a member of the communist party hey ?

I want to make a point that chat boards are for freedom of speach and not for sex mad perverts preying on kids.

Regards Culchie Boy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I want to make point that chat boards are for freedom of speach and not for sex mad perverts preying on kids.

Devore, can we have a sex mad perverts preying on kids forum? I vote Boston for moderator!

In all seriousness Culchie, that argument kinda falls apart when you realise that there aren't a shocking number of kids on those chatrooms - and there's sure as hell nobody there "preying" on them. The boards.ie and fortress.ie chatrooms aren't very anonymous, because the vast, vast majority of people using them know each other in real life - which actually makes the rooms into a very safe environment from that viewpoint. It also makes 'em a bit mad and very filthy at times, but it's all meant in jest. Like any community it's self-policing - if there was a real problem there, be it a sex pest or whatever, it'd be found out quickly enough and he/she would be rooted out, believe me.

There are a small number of people who are about 15/16 using the IRC channels, and they're the youngest there in general; and for all the crudeness and so on, you can be damned sure that the older members of the community are not about to sit by and watch their younger friends being targetted by some pervert online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Culchie Boy

Yeah i am one of those younger members at 15 to say that stuff to me in the Chat Rooms is not on.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

Originally posted by Shinji

chatrooms - and there's sure as hell nobody there "preying" on them. .

ah, speak for yourself
    hehe

no really now...there isnt anything to be afraid of culchie, come and play with us...we wont bite...well, we wont all bite

muah ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Yeah i am one of those younger members at 15 to say that stuff to me in the Chat Rooms is not on.

Fine then. Your problem is not actually with what happens in the chatrooms, it's with your own perception of it.

Solution: stay the hell out of the chat system.

Problem solved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

You could always purchase some kind of censoring software that will turn vulgar words into cute carebear sayings.

Or just call your ma into the room and have her read the chatroom for a while. That will get you censored from the chat rooms.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭saik

Solution: stay the hell out of the chat system.

hear no evil, see no evil something(speak, thanks) no evil.

just cos i can't see you pedos doesn't mean you don't exist, and doesn't make what you do "ok".

PEDOPHILES. not PAEDOFILES. amazing.

www.dictionary.com/search?q=paedofiles

first entry was paddy fields... something was very, very wrong.

PSS: hehe, beavis, he said "fist entry" hehehehe

The last one is "speak" no evil, saik. You evil trolling little muppet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

well played there Shinji,

Anywho back to the point, you cant take what's said in chartrooms or any place on the internet seriously, do you really thing we would be insulting each other like this in real life, I know I wouldn't be, and not for fear of a punch in the face, but because these things are generally taken in the fashion they are meant, light hearted, which they couldn't be in real life unless you actually knew the person.

You can't take this seriously, I did at one stage and I was a bite of a Muppet because of it, then I met up with these guys in real life and I realized what persona we project here has no bearing on who we are really, its just a side of ourselves we chose to show, and I would hope that the majority of the members here would be mature enough to have realized that's the same with me. I personally have several accounts here and nobody as yet has coped that there all me, some of which date back years.

As for chat rooms, in chat rooms people will play with your head just to get off on you exploding, I'm not going to call it sad but really it is. I never use the damned things, because some people can be vicious, which for all the people I've encountered here I've never seen them turn vicious on one another. Just stage a step back and see it for what it is, trust me your life will be allot easier as a result.

Again shinji, well played, must do it again some time 3 months down the road, Culchie, boy I must apologize, I found shinji's and koopa's comments damn funny, at the start of this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Originally posted by Culchie Boy

Obivously we know who is a member of the communist party hey ?

in soviet russia, chat rooms moan about you !?

(reference nobody will get ahoy! :P)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

He's just innocent.

That can be changed with a quick unlubed fisting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

This thread was brought to you by the letters T R O and L.

Jaysus, buy a clue lads:)

Oh and culchie boy, on the tiny offchance that your actually being serious, maybe you should spend the hours that you spend being outraged and shocked more usefully. Studying harder in your english class might be an idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Culchie boy, do you seriously think that me and the others are peados, preying on little kids, fúck off. You start spouting, and we start slagging thats it. FFS your 15, do you fúcking live in a fúcking monastary(sp) or some shít. I'm sorry, we don't all live in happy fúcking fairy land "sure we will mr.homer, sure we will". What did you expect to happen when you start saying, "ooh im a Garda, I know you who are". And im still convinced that you are just taking the píss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

hmm...

Somebody has not got a sense of humour. Or else is a troll.

15?! GODDAMN! When I was here first I was 15 and I remember trying to start up a thread about the love of a man and his dog ;p

Personally I can't help but feel that you're either a jackass or in the wrong place. <case a). is you're a lying little trollish muppet who's probably really that sonic idiot; case b). you're who you say you are and in that case you REALLY have my pity>

As for communism? What are you - american? I'm in america right now and all I'm hearing on the radio when someone's slammed (which they are often) they're called "communist". Personally, I ain't a communist. I'm a liberal. And if you have a problem with it I've got a flower with your name on it. ;p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Yeah... that's enough getting annoyed at idiot attacking me. <GRR.. after i defended you and then jested somewhat in a playful manner>

Yeah. Let's see... likelihood of the people here being pedo's... slim. It's a community more than a chat site. Yeah... it can happen and it'd be a shame if it did. But... I dunno if you can blame the site and you definitely can't blame people cursing. A kid getting molested has nothing to do with your original point which was, and correct me if I'm wrong "oh my poor little ears I heard a bad word and think i'm going to cry!"

If a kid goes onto pretty much 80% of the net he's gonna encounter something offensive. so either you deal with it, or you don't go online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

I think that Culchie Boy is completely right.

Because the chat room is there, and its easy to get to, then it must be policed and censored in case someone joins it and is corrupted by its vile filth.

And because its not just this chat room, I think we need policing on the entire internet. I mean - just because something is clean today doesnt mean it wont contain content tomorrow which will just be "not on". Every single web-page, chat-room etc should have a contact name and number for the person responsible for it. That way, if it ever contains lwed or disturbing content, we can know who to complain about.

We also need policemen in the real world on every corner, and indeed in every bar, lest these perverts from the chat rooms (or similar denizens of hell) meet in real life, and start subjecting the general public to to their disgusting conversations.

Actually - I've a better idea. Lets just get rid of the internet altogether, and tv and video and cinema too. Oh, and books. Yes. dont forget books.

Lets get back to a simpler life, where the only way depravity like this can be continued is through meetings of individuals and word-of-mouth....and of course, we can find and shoot them all then.

jc

Originally posted by lordsippa
    Various crap...

Oh christ shut up.
    Originally posted by bonkey
    I think that Culchie Boy is completely right.

<cut lots of other crap>

jc

I agree. Let us start an internet policing organisation. Then let us start several smaller organisations to police the police, then let us ourselves police the police that are policing the police. And let us not forget the police to police us while we police the police that are policing the police!

It's a vicious circle my Massey fergusson driving friend, just remember you're welcome over to my house anytime, for a good fisting.

.logic.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We kinda DO have a policing system here.

The mods are the cops, the eyes and ears of the judicial system (along with a fair number of people who want to see Boards do well despite not being rubber stamped mod, just look at the reports of abuse on admin occasionally).
    This group brings things to the attention of the trusted judges (Admins) who try to have the wisdom of Solomon and execute justice.

We're not the only people on the net struggling with the impossibility of volume of content. We couldnt possibly moderate this stuff *before* publication and we're responsible for it subsequently.

I was kinda joking about the Parental Advisory sticker as so often now if an album DOESNT have one on it, it lacks "street-cred" with the "kidz"!

However I think an ironic send up of that sticker might serve duel purposes (humour and warning :) )

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Originally posted by logic1

just remember you're welcome over to my house anytime, for a good fisting.

.logic.

What exactly is your fixation with fisting and all things anal, ffs yourself and amp are the two biggest fist-loving arseholes here on boards.

Perhaps you think upon it as clever to always lower the tone of any subject with ass raping/fisting innuendos

Perhaps some users may listen to your tripe but I imagine that most don`t seeing as you can`t even formulate a decent argument without instantly undermining yourself by referring to fisting/ or other anal retentive buzzwords.

Regards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

mmmmmm fisting........

Originally posted by bazH

Perhaps some users may listen to your tripe but I imagine that most don`t seeing as you can`t even formulate a decent argument without instantly undermining yourself by referring to fisting/ or other anal retentive buzzwords.

Regards

What exactly is your fixation with fisting and all things anal, ffs yourself and amp are the two biggest fist-loving arseholes here on boards.

Ahh I see where my problem lies. I must get in the anal retentive buzzwords BEFORE formulating the argument?

Thank you for showing me the light BazH. You my son are more than welcome to my house anytime, for a good fisting.

Doh! I went and did it again.

fisting regards,

.logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I think that this thread has gotten a little out of hand,

Everyone's being a muppet, DeVore is just idling along at the sidelines and so....

stupidcert.gif

I'll idle you! - DeV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

stopspam.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Corega

Someone put this up in the humour forum please :) /me thinks culchie_boy is actually DeVore in disguise, with his brilliance and cunnigness :p cuchie_boy if you come from say tipperary then I can understand that maybe they have'nt invented swear language down there or language full stop, all right boyo? What happens when a Massey is driven over your foot for example do you say "Ohhh pickles, that was a source of irritation" ? God help you when you actually come to Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

sly edit ur post its as annoying as ****

It's meant to be annoying ,

When admins turn a blind eye to the type of shi t that was going on before hand, only annoying stuff will get their attention

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

How on earth could a thread like this merit over eighty replies?

Let's face it; this "Culchie Boy" thing has to be someone's idea to "get a rise" out of the known element of opinionated and outspoken people round here.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm afraid it's extremely difficult for me to take someone with this moniker (and the judiciously-placed tractor in his/her sig - in fact, I'm amazed at the lack of homespun bumper-sticker text such as "Masseys are classy but Zetors are better" in there too) seriously.

Time, methinks, for this thread to be put down before someone gets their moral fibre in a twist... :rolleyes:

Gadget

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

My connection was closed!!! arrgghh!! it wont let me back in!
    can someone help!
    my source of joy has been cut off...my happiness level is fading quick...

so weak...

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt

I was hoping Massey boy would come back and try and explain why he thinks a Massey is good enough for his sig.

You have ruined any chance of this now.

I hope you are happy.

You should next maybe write into Loaded and complain its not highbrow enough for you.

Or go buy GQ instead.

lol ye twit :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

you all make me feel like this sometimes:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2001/20010126l.gif

Locked.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement