Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Probs with this

• 05-08-2002 2:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

I am going to build a comp my self and I am buying everything from komplett and I was wondering can I have your opinon on this before I buy anything?

mother board = Abit KR7A-133R Mainboard Socket A (DDR)

Processor = AMD Athlon 1.4 GHz OEM, 266 MHz bus Socket

sound Card= Card Creative SB 128 Vibra PCI Sound Card

Cd/rw= Asus CD recorder IDE 32x/12x/40x

Hdd= IBM Deskstar 40GB IDE 7200RPM ATA/100 Hard Driv

Graphics Card = Asus V8170 GeForce4 MX420 64MB DDR AGP,

Floppy Sony Floppy Drive 3,5" 1,44MB MPF-920 Floppy Drive,

Modem (41.48 euros) CNET Modem 56k V90/92 Internal PCI

misc like case,keyboard.mouse, cables ram etc yet to be sorted but not easy to get .
    I calculated it at 623.65 euros anything I should change ?Any chance of getting a discount from Komplett?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

The geforce 4 mx aint a great card. It will do u for games atm but looking to the future it will soon be overwhelmed. Depends on what type of games you play and how important it is to you.

That said however you could do worse, especially if you dont play fps intensive games as more up to date First Person Shooters are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Ok, I can see you are on a tight budget here, so the motherboard is fine.

However, this chip

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?action=info&p=17554&t=795&l=2&AvdID=1&CatID=4&GrpID=6&s=pl

the xp1600+ also runs at 1400mhz, but it is a newer design, and runs 10-15% faster and cooler (very roughly). Its also 5 euro cheaper :)

For 35 euro extra, you can get an 80gig version of that hard drive, thats 33% extra cash for 100% more space. Its up to you..

If you play games, you should get the creative gf3 ti200 for 20 euro extra, its a good bit faster than the gf4 420.

Ram isn't difficult to sort, you need 1 or 2 sticks of 256mb pc2100 ddr, this stuff here:

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?action=info&p=23974&t=1014&l=2&AvdID=1&CatID=17&GrpID=9&s=pl

All the cables you need will come with the motherboard, and there should be another ide cable in the cdrw box. Then you just need a mouse and keyboard.

Advertisement