Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cases..what on earth am i looking for?

• 05-08-2002 6:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

Im looking to put a new case on my aging Compaq Presario 7477..,tho i had no idea what im looking for..can anyone help..i dont have the first idea what im looking for...

Ruu

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

It really depends. Is the motherboard a ATX mobo? If it is then you can choose just about any case you want :D .

It all depends on what type of case you want: Tower, MidiTower or te desktop. You will always have a better choice with the first two. Then all you gotta choose is what you want in it. Hoy many drive bays etc. are you gonna use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

How do i know if my mobo is ATX?...its an AMD K6, 3D Now, 533mhz.. well drive bays..i'll need 2x5.25 for the cdrw and the dvd, 1x3.5 for the floppy and theres two USB ports at the bottom..its a tower i'll need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

AMD K6? Sounds like an ATX to me, then! :D

Unless space is an issue, I'd recommend going for a nice, big full tower case. That way you'll have plenty of room for expansion in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Get the biggest thing you can fit and try to get one with
    easily removed sides. The one I have by e-star has detachable sides with 4 big bays with 2 small ones, two fans lots of vents and a 300watt PSU it cost about €90 I think.

Mike.

excellent :) i know a bit more know to go and get one now..thanks you guys :)

Ruu

• Advertisement

theres these Codegen ones on peats.ie ... 6035 series...4 large bays and 2 small ones and a 300W power unit..for 72 euros, are they ok..or just a cheap brand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

I've read somewhere that those Codegen ones aren't too bad. Not fantastic, not crap, just okay and would probably do you. As for the price, well, Peats tend to be a bit pricey but that doesn't sound too bad to me. Do a bit more shopping around, though. Have a look at www.komplett.ie and www.marx-computers.com first before you go rushing into Peats. They might have something the same or better for the same price or less, if you're lucky.

will do :) thanks aidan

Advertisement