Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy games?

Options
  • 05-08-2002 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

Is there anywhere to buy Nintendo games in Dublin? The last time I went I wandered around O'Connell Street and the surrounding area for ages but only managed to find a basement section of a bookstore run by an Aston Villa fanatic selling second hand versions of Super Mario Bros.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Go for a walk off O'Connell street onto Henry street. You'll stroll happily past Game and Virgin, a HMV or two and when you get to Penny's turn right and past Maplin and into Smyths. Also off just before M&S on Henry street there's a Gamezone. And if you go over the Ha'penny bridge you'll find Grafton St. which has a few places.

Thankyou for you're interest in our fair capital and it's Nintendo games.

This has been a Non-sarcastic Post funded in part by the Help Amp Not To Be So Sarcastic all the Bloody Time And be Nice To Newbies Occasionally even when They've Got Names That Make Him Want To Scream A HA Organisation, a sadly non-profit operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

I second the vote for Smyths :) No links with them but I did buy my Gamecube there and got a good deal with vouchers etc.. Sign up for their loyalty card (free) and get 10% off purchases..

Bar actually buying on-line I've yet to find cheaper in Dublin. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Smyth's gets my vote too. The help is pretty dumb but prices are good especially for older stuff. GAME used to be great (worked in the Grafton St. one in my youth) but is trash since it was bought out by EB. The fúckers. EB smoke cock. Not like I'm bitter or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Gamezone
    Is that the place beside games workshop on liffey street i thought that place was closed down damn cheap mangey so and so's wouldnt buy my megadrive games or my budget pc games!(grumble hiss spit etc <dies>)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Thats gamesworld, but fear not, gamezone (talbot street) also will not buy your stuff :)
    In fact, i dont think that many shops are doing trade ins anymore, not unless you're willing to bend over and accept the consequences.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

gamezone o nthe bottom of talbot st is your best bet for old console games

Advertisement