Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns n Roses-Chinese Democracy(?)

Options
  • 05-08-2002 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

Any news or sign of a new Guns n Roses album..anyone hear anything?

Ruu

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Last interview I seen (from about a month ago) with axl, he was saying that the music is just about done. And the singing is about 80% complete. The reason it's taking so long is because he wasn't sure what direction he wanted to go. And had loads of different producers. The producer they have now is making a less industrial rock album, and more classic rock. Axl didn't like the response he got from "Oh My God"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

If you look hard <well.... actually just mess with google> you can find live tracks from the vegas and rio shows. Some new stuff and I think the Buckethead era GNR did a damn fine version of Jungle. Oh yeah.

But yeah... last I heard <many months ago> was that Axl wanted a grunge feel to his stuff (he was a huge Nirvana fan till Kurt dissed him). Personally I gotta agree with all the cynics out there <c'mon... look at my sig dammit> - he's not releasing it/ touring cause he's afraid of the negative criticism he'll likely receive from many corners. He has no self confidence.

Oh... hehehe... and for those of you who didn't hear it, the *reason* the tour last year was cancelled was because the manager "booked the tour without consulting the band", supposedly he "felt that after the success of Rio that the band would be ready to tour and jumped the gun." ... Now think about the Motley Crue "snow on the roof" episode... which is the funnier lie?

Advertisement