Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bands together the longest?

Options
  • 05-08-2002 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

Thinking of Guns n Roses..Axl being the only original member (i think)...which rock bands have the original lineups and have been together the longest..anyone? :)

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Only one that comes to mind is Deep Purple. What a fantastic band they are too!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

AC/DC have been around for ages too, so have PULP.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Metallica have been around a good while (cant remember exact)
    And megadeath were around for 20 years (they disbanded early this year, but i thought they should be included).
    Iron maiden have been around for ages aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

The Rolling Stones
    U2 have been around for a while too

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Original lineups?

Deep Purple are minus Ritchey Blackmore these days aren't they?
    The Stones lost Brian Jones, and then there's Bill Wyman.
    Iron Maiden went for a few years without Bruce Dickinson.

Rock bands really are fickle things. Bring on the Vikings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Aerosmith

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

metallica, suicidal tendencies and megadeth were al started in the very early 80's.
    long time to rock i reckon.
    christ, areosmith, theyve been going for bloody years!!!

and i recall black sabath coming out with a song in the early 90's (i think) or was it 80's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Erm... Bruce WASN'T original Maiden singer. Sorry.

I heard news that Sabbath and Ozzy were gonna do an album together... so I dunno where that's going...

Motley Crue. They're taking a break for now, but they're still going.

Jethro Tull
    Motorhead <ok... Lemmy's only original member>
    Hawkwind
    Gong
    I'll think of more <just go and have a look at my CD collection>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

metallica dont have their original lineup...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

afaik The Stones have been around since mid 60`s but have changed there lineup so many times, so i think the longest band is probably The Who albeit minus Keith Moon

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

...and John Entwistle now as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

What about Saxon?

And The Cure were around for AGES but now it's on indefinite hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

The Blind boys of alabama. 50 yrs now or more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭fisifan01

Aerosmith are just about the only band who can boast having their original line-up after being together for over 30 years.

Amazing when you consider the drug problems and the rehabilitation that Tyler and Perry had to endure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

JS Bach And The Lightning Leipzig 5 being together for a couple of hundred years at this point....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

I don't know much about these guys but I seem to keep thinking that Red Hot Chilli Peppers have been going quite long.

Speaking of Guns N' Roses, is anyone going to the show in London on the 26th?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

the chili peppers have had loads of lineup changes...

going to see GNR in leeds...though its just axl now:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Ah well. Shows my knowledge of them really doesn't it.

Anyway. Be sure to inform us as soon as possible whether Axl and his cronies actually turn up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Aerosmith are back to thier original line-up but for a few years in the early 80s' they lost Joe Perry to a solo project and someone else before they realised they were going nowhere and reformed for Done With Mirrors (1984) which is thier last pre-MTV album and therefore worth buying!

Deep Purple lost Blackmore years ago when they regained Ian Gillan! He was replaced by Steve Morse. Then Jon Lord called it a day a few months back, Don Airey has filled that void.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭A$$A$$IN

AC/DC have been together 4 ages and believe it or not they have had something like 16 different lineups!!!??? :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement