Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gigs Of The Year

Options
  • 05-08-2002 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

This month Phutloose.com presents a series of gigs in the Temple Bar music centre featuring the very best of Irish talent. All performances will be recorded for a future compilation DVD release.

August 8th
    SONORA, BLOTOOTH, SAVILLE & ALLIGATOR.

August 15th
    DAMIEN DEMPSEY, COLM QUEARNEY, DUNCAN MAITLAND & DR.MILLAR

August 29th.
    TURN, PUGWASH & PONY CLUB

Various beer promotions.

Doors @ 7.30 pm each night.

Cover charge TBA.

Hope to see you all there.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭buzzerbuckley

aug 29th looks the pick of the crop with turn 7 the excelent pony club.pugwash worth a look to.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭metalish

So going to be at the august 29th- TURN again YAY!!!!! And ponyclub :D haven't heard much from Pugwash most listen out for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

didn't turn say there last gig for a while was gonne be the tbmc 1?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

indeed they did...looking forward to turn as always...pony club are an awful band...do not like them at all...i bought the pugwash single the other day - apples...its really good...i shall look forward to seeing them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

Looks like it's gonna be another packed night in the TBMC for Turn. I'll be there anyway probably and I'm gonna head to the Blotooth one aswell if I can find someone who wants to come with me! Oh Silverfish...?!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 curly

mmmmmmMMMMMMMmmmmm. Very interesting indeed! Don't know about the middle night though.... seems a bit too singer-songwriterish for me, not enough ooommppf!!! The 8th and the 29th look fantastic. Can't wait!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭buzzerbuckley

far from been "an awful band" the pony club are one of the best bands dublin has seen arrive in a while.with mark cullens great lyrics, pony club are noy yourè norm irish bands.The music could be from anywhere.Just last week they had to turn down an invite to support Morrissey on his USA tour as they had recording committments.Not bad for a crap band eh?two members of the band used to be in "a house" one of Irelands best bands ever,dave morrissey(no relation) on keyboard & martin healy on bass.Their current release "home truths " is a must buy for anyone who likes melodic guitar music mixed with razor sharp biting lryics.May not be everyones cup of tea but then again most good bands aren`t.To call them awful is a cheap and unjustified shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

second night will do it for me mr COLM QUEARNEY is amazing live

And to curly who posted "Don't know about the middle night though.... seems a bit too singer-songwriterish for me, not enough ooommppf!!!" i can assure the ooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmppppppfffff will be there when he's on stage!!
    Originally posted by buzzerbuckley
    far from been "an awful band" the pony club are one of the best bands dublin has seen arrive in a while.with mark cullens great lyrics, pony club are noy yourè norm irish bands.The music could be from anywhere........Their current release "home truths " is a must buy for anyone who likes melodic guitar music mixed with razor sharp biting lryics.May not be everyones cup of tea but then again most good bands aren`t.To call them awful is a cheap and unjustified shot.

Pony club they are f.u.c.k.i.n.g. awful, had the mis fortune to have seen them twice and that ****e cctv song got my vote for worse irish single of the year. on another note the lead singer who i know through a friend of a friend has a mad chip on his shoulder about where he grew up and didnt like my mate cause he was from malahide no other reason!!

oh, am i not entitled to an opinion? shoot me for thinking! i dont like pony club, i wouldnt care if they were half of radiohead...i just dont like them...i saw them and they bored me into drinking (and i never drink at gigs)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

well, im actually really looking forward to the 15th, dr millar AND damian dempsey, who ive been dying t check out!

• Advertisement

Thought u were coming to Brando in Whelans...

uh-oh
    i hate u
    im gonna go to brando, but i hate u!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭the snitch

wasn't yer man in 'bawl'? they've got a hard working promo team anyway. didn't they make uncut's cd there a while back with that 'cctv' song?

U don't HAVE to go to Brando drowner. U can come to Phantasm after but u'll miss a crackin' gig! hehe

I got the Pony Club album a while ago and it's not bad, but not amazing either. I do like that CCTV song tho, apart from the start. Hmm...I'll have to give the album another listen...

well if i have your blessing i may consider going to the tbmc, although i dont know if i can miss the chance of seeing elton do rude things to his base ;)

dont you mean fvcking his bass???

ah sure if ya say hes making love to it, it sounds all warm and fuzzy :) and cant be moderated!!!!

sssssh, dont tell mr reed

yeah but its not warm and fuzzy its all very violent and painful looking

Please refrain from slagging Elton.

i'll try sandi, but i cant guarantee going cold turkey....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭GerK

Um does he actually like penetrate the bass somewhere? Or does he just simulate sex with it? Or does the bass penetrate him (heaven forbid).

I just have this awful mental image of damage caused by the string :confused:

• Advertisement

LIES!!! IT'S ALL LIES! Elton only plays his bass the way is was made to be played. I'm not impressed with yer childish slaggings! Leave him alone. U may, however, laugh at any on-stage mishaps such as a microphone slowly sinking...

Originally posted by Sandi
    LIES!!! IT'S ALL LIES! Elton only plays his bass the way is was made to be played. I'm not impressed with yer childish slaggings! Leave him alone. U may, however, laugh at any on-stage mishaps such as a microphone slowly sinking...

I'm not slaggin no-one, just curious (and trying to get abvove 100 posts) ;)

So its just that he LOOKS likee he's shagging it cos he plays it so um ... vigorously?

No no no...U'll have to come see them for yourself. They're playing in Whelans on the 15th of August. Are u still away for that? If so, they're also playing in the DA2 on Sept 4th.

shudnt we keep the foolish banter (ie brando) to the pub crawl thread...unkie pete wont be happy with us!!!

Yep. So who's coming to the Blotooth/Sonora gig tomorrow with me and Silverfish? GerK, u interested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

yep sorry sandi but it does look like he is humping it!!!!!!!

I'll ignore that...so anyone going to see Blotooth / Sonora / Alligator / Saville in the TBMC tomorrow?

Originally posted by Sandi
    Yep. So who's coming to the Blotooth/Sonora gig tomorrow with me and Silverfish? GerK, u interested?

Damnit , I love to but my flight leaves tomorrow afternoon :(

Why do you keep taunting me? ;)

Thanks for the offer Sandi .. where were you standing/what were u wearing at Jimmy/Foos?

Ah well...
    During Jimmy Eat World I was in line with the singer a few meters back and during the Foos, my friend and I were at the side facing the left of the stage for half and then over the other side for the rest. I was wearing baggy blue jeans and a pink t-shirt that said "Boys and Girls Club".

• Advertisement

Hmnnnn .. musta been in roughly thee same place .. did you hear the guy going Woo Jimmy Woo (in a kinda annoying way)?

I was with him and a few others .. I was wearing a black Officer Friendly T-Shirt with a pic of a US cop in full riot gear on it.

I think I saw you there .. its all a bit blurry now tho : D

Yer prolly gonna say, "yuk you were that bbig pervo staring at my boobs!" But I was trying to read the writing ... HONEST! :D

Advertisement