Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nextdoor neighbours!

• 05-08-2002 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

Two years ago new Nieghbours moved in. This was a sigh of relife because my old one a a cow. But anyway these new nieghbours are worse. The throw thier rubbish (yes garbage toys etc.) out our back garden and kick ball at our house and car (smashing my porche window), throw eggs at our house play in our garden shouting all day as if it were thiers-our tree is now a shrub of branches because the keep pulling the leaves off. In one case we had a sewer block and it was from thier house. They put oil cans anti-persparent cans hair brushes maxipads tampons and gel it goes on and on. We ended up paying a big price for it.

One day I wen't in to thier mother (who is from mayo) and took her head of. I told her all about the sewer and her children and all she did was call her children in.....they were back out in five mins. Anyone got any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Why don't you call the guards the next time they throw their crap in your garden?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 sally.ie

listen ..either you viedo record .. keep taking notes of when these things happen, call the gaurds...we are all intiteled to our peace...and there are laws there also to protect you...dont put it with the **** these ppl are giving you....and dont loose the cool with them either...get on to the police now..report everything to them...best of luck ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭hacktavist

Originally posted by Drunk pirate
    One day I wen't in to thier mother (who is from mayo) and took her head of.
    Dav will you leave the mans garden alone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Originally posted by Drunk pirate
    kick ball at our house and car (smashing my porche window).....
    Porch or Porsche ?? :)

I agree with sally. Catalog all incidents. Got a digital camera? Use it .... Then tell the police. Its the only way.

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Drunk pirate

Yes. I myself am too young to report but i'm sure my mam has had enough of thier **** and would have no problom reporting it. No porch not porche!lol!I wish!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by sally.ie
    listen ..either you viedo record .. keep taking notes of when these things happen, call the gaurds...we are all intiteled to our peace...and there are laws there also to protect you...dont put it with the **** these ppl are giving you....and dont loose the cool with them either...get on to the police now..report everything to them...best of luck ya

I saw this happen on Tarrent on Tv a while ago. Some guy was havin his post stolen every morning so he made a hole in his garage door and sat there all night. In the morning the paperboy came around ... took the post and they gy ran after him. The tape was used in cort and it worked. I cant remember what happeded after that... It does work though. Give it a go cos then you have proof etc... make sure you get there faces on the tape too... thats the most inportant. :D

listen hun i dont know your age...but if you have a complaint of any sort..then you are old enough... take action dear..dont let it linger :)))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Drunk pirate

They have stoped throwing their rubbish over ever since they got thier wheely bins but the ocasional toy comes over the wall which I have to go over and throw back and then (deliberately) start throwing more in. But on one time they climbed on my kichen extention walked along it and knocked on the windows of my room and my mums. How ****ing ignorant can you possibly be! Being me I climbed out that ****ing window and chased them knicking one off. I got in **** for that but it worked. Stuff like that. We have to lock our windows because they "acsedently" take things from our porch! Anyone else live where I do and know these guys? I live in killbarrack. I wanna know your thoughts.

Dav

right kido ..you are taking the piss....hope the relations from mayo move in...stop wasting time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Call the Gards man!
    Surely there is a law against someone coming into your property and "accidentally" stealing things?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭PyjamaMan

Originally posted by Gordon

Surely there is a law against someone coming into your property and "accidentally" stealing things?!

lmao u brightened up my day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Gordon
    :D
    ROFLMAO (Post of the month imho)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

The Gardaí wont do anything except tell you to inform your solictor. He may send a nice letter to your neighbours to sort them out.

Man I'd hate that to have ****ty neighbours :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

[off topic]

Woohoo!

Sorry for posting this here but I am Now a "Crazy Poster!" after the above post :D

Please dont Beat me up ;)

[/off topic]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

Getting in a tizzy with your neighbours is quite an awkward predicament to be in, for the simple reason I don't recommend calling the guards or taking actions in to your own hands (ie revenge).

Why not the cops?
    For the simple reason that the cops will either do nothing, give you crap advice (ie go to solicitor, "yeah nice one garda, I wouldn't have thought of that myself"), or else call to the neighbours gaff and really make things worse. All of you imagine if you were in the same problem, and the guards called next door and said that you were having a problem. The people next door would be enraged and probably get worse, but try different tactics that couldn't be used against them in a court of law. Petty things done frequently, that when described in a court, the case would probably get thrown out and laughed at.

Why not get revenge yourself?
    Coz if you do that before informing the cops about them, then you're the bigger criminal. What's to stop them from snaping you with a digital camera at 3am, and report you to the cops. You can go down to the station after that and give your side of the story, but at that stage it would only look like your trying to get out of being caught on camera. Anyway in situations like this, it pays to be professional and civil.

What I would do!
    I would go over to the neighbours and tell them in a polite manner, that you don't find their behavior inacceptable, and request that they have a little more consideration. Tell her that nothing positive came out of the last chat ye had, and that you would appreciate if something be done indefinately. If you don't seem to get anywhere tell them that you had considered going straight to the cops, but decided to give them a final chance. Then go to the cops because at this stage, they will retaliate anyway. You can have the cops be seen outside their house, which most people wouldn't like. After that you can take the solicitor route. At this stage a lot of people back down, coz sorting out the problem is usually easier than court.

The most important thing is to remain calm, but have them know that your intentions are quite serious, and that you will do whatever it takes to have them rectify the problem. But at the same time give them chances to sort it out. You may feel like Mr. Get Things Sorted, by bringing them to court right off the bat. But most likely you will also earn yourself a negative reputation within the community. Involve the other neightbours, and let people know what's going on, but do it Nasty Nick style, on the QT.

HTH, & G'luck

;-phobos-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

if they throw toys over bin them they will eventually run out. as for walking on your roof u cant stop it but kicking them off wont help they seem to be seeking attention and you are giving it to them try the relaxed approach for a while (yeah i know that wouldnt be easy but its worth a try) also do make video tape but make it over like a 2 month period just to be sure you have enough dirt on them.

then if after that date it persists you can do 1 of 2 things one make copy of video send it to neighbours with a not or a nice little scrambled voice over saying that if they dont stop its going to police or take it to police yourself but i would incourage you to make a copy tapes have a habit of getting destroyed or broken from time to time.

thats what i would do. like my neighbours dogs used to attack mine so one night when the dogs came over and started fighting with my dog i rushed out with hurley and killed one of the ****s my dog was in bits though half ear missing etc so i did the honourable thing i buried there dog and said nothing. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

The video camera is the best way to go.. also if you go talk to them again record the conversation!! Could be useful if they turn nasty and say they will do what they like and you cant do anything about it!

I would also send copies of the recorded videos to your neighbours.. there is strength in numbers!! If everyone is against them then the message should be swift. You could even send the tape to RTE and get them to do a neibours from hell type thing!! Imagine they are watching the news and then next thing they see is themselves running amok... do you think her employer would be very happy about that? I doubt it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Do they own the house (I assume so) or are they renting?

I'd say film em and bring it to the cops. If they don't own the house by some strange chance get the owner to chuck em out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Baldy

yup, tried & tested;)

try pissing thru the letterbox, thattl teach the fcukers

Ah ken you truely are a classy guy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Ok, enough. You've had plenty of "advice", make do.

All the lovely pleasant illegal advice has been moved to the recycle bin.

<< Fio >>

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement