Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chorus broadband rules!!look inside...

• 05-08-2002 10:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭

i am connected to Chorus broadband (which they us cablenet.ie) and the speed is amazing if you live in the areas below ,and are interested please e-mail me below ..

Anyone living in Kilkenny Thurlas,clonmel area ,Broadband (Homeuse) is available in all areas now

e-mail for more info if you live in this area

pfitzpatrick@chorus.ie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

You're not the chap whose father is a Chorus manager, are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

sounds like commercial advertising,

get the pitchforks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

He's one of the same....

Is it on trial or is it fully commercially available?

sceptre, we are a little bit more fickle here when it comes to threads praising companies that are despised. We don't close them at all! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Choruses Website does NOT tell us where the service is available, we must rely on luck or word of mouth to find out what they are up to.

I bet all the Marketing fluff in Chorus are in all day meetings at the moment while they attempt to 'launch' this thing........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

Any sign of Chorus VoiceNet yet? This is an advanced service where you enter a series of digits into some custom hardware called a 'telephone'. After some complex switching, another human being equipped with 'telephone' hardware is able to speak to you.

I know that this technology seems like a pipedream. I registered my interest in this exciting technology by paying an installation fee, but unfortunately Chorus have been unable to install my 'telephone' thus far.

I guess it's just too advanced a solution for a poor simpleton such as myself. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭thegame

yes my father works for Chorus and yes its fully commercially available now

only in these areas at the moment

clonmel,thurlas,kilkenny

i know this may sound weird but the spped is amazing and no breakdowns yet

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭pertinax

im still on the trial here in kilkenny. it is fast but there have been breakdowns in my experience. when ever the tv gos so does the internet. Almost a weekly accurance for a few hours.
    why can i get downloads faster than 512 and if a load of people sign up and i hope they do but will it clobber the speeds? someone else said that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Originally posted by thegame
    yes my father works for Chorus and yes its fully commercially available now

Ah. We'll let Chorus do their own publicity.
    'tis against the rules to advertise commercial products, so where's my pitchfork?

Consider it warned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

Thegame,

Could you ask your Dad nicely if I could have my 'phone line now please? I've been a good boy and paid my installation fee. If you can get me the product I paid for you can be my bestest friend in the whole wide world! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 79 ✭✭strettie

I have an even simpler request of Chorus,

can I have a decent TV picture and 1 week without any breakdowns

Current service in the Limerick city area is a disgrace

:mad:

Advertisement