Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb things I gotta do today

Options
  • 05-08-2002 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Here's a list off stuff I hope to do with my life that I felt like posting:

1. Become rich and famous some time in the next ten years.

2. Become immortal.

3. Gain tax exempt status by having my occassionally green hand recognised as a religion.

4. Take a piss on the moon.

5. Buy out americas weapons manufacturing companies and convert them to humourous monkey poster manufacturing companies. There are quite a few humourous monkey posters around my house already.

6. Liberate Scotland. I have friends there.

7. Become Sin and end Spira's suffering.

8. Find a leprechaun.

9. Tile a giraffe.

10. Post a list of things I want to do with my life in a CTYI forum.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

#10 is quite outrageous. A tad unrealistic with our life goals, aren't we? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Being immortal would be horrific.

And the first time I read no. 7, I thought it said "Become Sin and Spira's suffering", which I thought was some kind of kinky dominatrix type thing wher you wanted to be two mistresses' slave... which would have been far more fun, you have to admit.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Green Hand Guy

I used to think being immortal would be a bad thing because everyone I knew and loved would die around me, but then I realised that if I was immortal I would eventually have an entire planet to myself where I'd be free to explore anywhere and when I got tired of that I'd find out how to build a spaceship (I'd have all the time in the world) and move on to a new planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Green Hand Guy

Just to add something. I would also like my friends from CTYI to be immortal too so it wouldn't get too lonely. Oh, and another thing to add to the list:

11. Torch Vodaphone headquarters. My stupid 087 phone can't send texts outside of about a three mile radius and I want revenge! Also my credit expires every month so it's costing me a fortune.

Thing about immortality is, you don't have a lot of time, you've an INFINITE amount. Which really, would send you out the other side of boredom and into hate-filled insanity. Sooner, later, doesn't matter when, it WOULD happen. And the only way to end it would be to end existence. Of all of it, like, young feller me lad.

Like Azrael's scheme in Dogma.

So, kids, just say "Nooooarghgerroffouttaityabastard!" to immortality.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

I want to break free!... erm... I like Queen.

Personally, I wanna be a world famous musician and philosopher and writer.

And I wanna conquer the world
    Expose the corporates and feed em to their children
    Do away with poverty
    And then I'd save the whales!

erm... yes. There are many guards at the castle.

;p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

god, if i was immortal, i'd kill myself.
    (whoa, that is the best quote i've ever written.)

The reason being, I don't see everlasting life as a nice option for me. If i wasnt such a puss* i would have died a long time. The idea of continuing my existence with all the negative karma I have would be unbearable. I welcome death, I mean, life is a game. Death is the prize that awaits us all(god, i read too much wolvie as a kid. that's a quote from that crazy ninja he falls in love with in japan, doncha know.)

I'm sorry if im bitching, im just trying to get a point across. i know people dont like the way I talk about this all the time. It's rock music's fault.
    (i just edited the post after looking at the hideous amount of typos i had.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

I do have a weird curiousity about death, basically I wanna see what happens when I die. I also wanna live life as much as possible before I die.

/me starts playing Alkaline Trio - I'm Dying Tomorrow ... all of you, download this song, now!

Death is not the end my friend, tis but a change...

WHAT A LOAD OF BULL! way i see it is, even if there is an afterlife, THIS is a life and why should we let ourselves get bogged down with bs?

Garog, when i get back i'm going to take you places and make you a happier person. not an annoying smiling freak, just a content being.

no offense <lists off about 20 consistently happy people he knows>.

Thing is, most of these people who are happy, mellow, smiley, easy going or whatever all the time tend to be rather not so in private, on their lonesome. I know such is the case with my fine selfment...

Oh, and I have one of those weird perverse "gee death will be interesting, won't it?" outlooks, but that'snot to say I want to waste this life and get it over with any time particulalrly soon. There's so much huzzah left to be huzzahed!

• Advertisement

Ok... I'm gonna reveal it...

actually.. this is TOO important to just leave here... it deserves a new thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

we have another zig and zag fan in the house?!yay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Plasticman

i have life plan, except to enjoy myself. and sven, you got the words wrong for "i want to conquer the world". that song RULES!!!

Zig and Zag? Reference? Something's gone over my head and now I'm scared...

*Does Scared Dance, which is not unsimilar to the Happy Dance, save for a certain degree of cowardice*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

in a zig and zag book they show you step-by-step how to tile a giraffe.cos it would come in useful,in a life or death situation...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Originally posted by Green Hand Guy

3. Gain tax exempt status by having my occassionally green hand recognised as a religion.

All we need is 498 suckers/goons and we've got ourselves a religion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Hat Girl

and (ahem) how many ppl actually go to CTYI courses each year, if you combine sessions? now theres a thought.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Garog, when i get back i'm going to take you places
    in thepervertedsense??

Advertisement