Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How does Bertie end cabinet meetings

• 05-08-2002 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

I was intrigued by recent reports of Tony Blair's recurring attempts at matey jocularity. For, as a top civil servant revealed during his retirement speech, the prime minister invariably ends cabinet meetings in one of three ways. Sometimes President Blair concludes matters with a Bugs Bunny-style sign-off - "That's all, folks!" Occasionally, he wraps things up with the more aspirational "Onwards and upwards!" Or on days when a more macho approach is required, the PM dismisses the troops with a brusque euphemism: "Go forth and multiply!"

Which leads me to naturally speculate as to whether Bertie adopts a similar strategy for finishing cabinet get-togethers and if so what do you think he might say. I imagine it might be "All right lads are yeas going for a pint"

Any one else got any thoughts / ideas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

[Humour] "What this meeting has been on for 10 minutes.... get the **** out of my office and let me go back to backing horses..... whats that about the Country....... shag the country, I'll get around to it when my summer break of 6 months is over. Now get out. Hi Celia darning *Sucky Sucky*??" [/Humour}

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Classic LOL one Lump!:D Deadly signature too as is yours Cujimmy:) The boards members sigs had gone a bit stale lately but were having a good revival:cool:
    Anyway,Im gone off topic........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Ajnag

"well ah lads, eh de meeting is over, and ah, be shure to drop de evelopes with de secatary, and ah dats all folks"

ever read berties diary in pheonix , its f'in class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by cujimmy
    Which leads me to naturally speculate as to whether Bertie adopts a similar strategy for finishing cabinet get-togethers and if so what do you think he might say. I imagine it might be "All right lads are yeas going for a pint"

Any one else got any thoughts / ideas

Jesus, dats scary. Dose are exacty the words that came to mind when I read de threadline. :D

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

"Ah, sure, it'll work itself out lads."

This of course presumes that the Irish cabinet actually MEETS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Prob something like,

"see yiz later lads, and remember if anything goes wrong balme Haughey"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

"Violence in the North?Big swingin mickey-i dont even own it so what do i care!Irelands streets are getting violent?Dont give a fu*k-I only have to walk down those streets once every few years at election time to kiss babies and look like loveable old uncle Bertie.Ah sure Im a great football fan,despite the fact i waited until the last 2 minutes to attempt to get Roy back on the team and wasnt arsed until the prssure built to get Irish soccer free to air.Why should i care-i can well afford sky sports!Anyway lads,Im off for st paddys day in New York.You must think im mad if im gonna appear at Dublins one.Too many people who arent american at that one."

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭s10

ok which one of yehs have the origional ansbacker accounts book
    , i wanna swop & im fresh outa tipex

Any1 for any 2nd hand ideas

i put forward the elevator that goes no where
    since you guys got the uneven railway bridge &
    the city bypass truck tunnel thats can't take trucks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Someone has to ask the question ...

Do they actually have meetings? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭s10

doubt it , only to discuss which statue to dig up & repace with similar but more expensive statue ,

should be televised like sky interactive ,
    to eletricute bertie hit the red button now
    swweeet
    i wanna start a revolution
    this place is gettin more n more like the simpsons episode
    with the solar powered train

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

more like a "lads,they'll never find out,ok?" or a "are ye with me on this one?" :D

Advertisement