Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem In Compiling

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

-- map change failed: 'mapname' not found on server
    Example of the error:

Description: The game could not find the .bsp file from the defined map directory.

Details: This is one of those problems that don't have a simple solution since there are quite many things that could cause the error. Thankfully, there are some common events:

- There was an error during compiling, but the script/front-end didn't detect the errors and launched the game as it normally would do. This sometimes causes the game to start without any sort of .bsp file, so you'll get that message. To solve this, look in the compile log (named yourmapname.log) and try to find any error messages.

- You're running the wrong mod. Half-Life requires a mod to be activated from the command line or through the Custom game menu if you intend to play a map that's placed in that specific mod's directory. So, for example, if you're seeing the Half-Life console background when you're trying to run a Counter-Strike map, you know you have a problem. Check the shortcut parameters or the compiler front-end settings and make sure you're running the right mod (the line should be something like "hl.exe -game cstrike +map yourmapname" if you're making a Counter-Strike map)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I took @ your problem.log and here's what to do.
    CreateBrush:
    10%...20%...Error: Entity 0, Brush 96, Side 6: has a coplanar plane at (328, -1412, 400),

To Fix:

-Open up Valve Hammer/Worldcraft.
    -Open your map.
    -Map>Check for Problems (ALT+P)

or

-Map>Go to brush number>
    Error: Entity 0, Brush 96,
    -DElete this brush.

Should be ok then.

-Let me know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

make sure you have Hammer (Worldcraft) setup to place the .bsp file into the maps folder of the mod. You can find it in the Hammer Options or (I think) by clicking on Expert once you press F9.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

ha ha i use quark, which offers the problem and a solution in the same paragraph.

BUt Jimeats had a serious compile problem, and since we swapped maps its my problem. it gives the same error it would if a brush was outside the world/zone/type place, but none are. it keeps sayin "brush 53 outside world" or something similiar but lists every brush in the map.
    i've tried copy and pasting everything within the world into a new map but with no success.
    is this a common error, or have i yet again stumbled across a previously unheard of problem with no apparant solution that will baffle programmers and engineers everywhere.

Advertisement