Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

linkin parks new song

Options
  • 06-08-2002 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

saw the video for this and its cool, so i wanna download it and see it up close and personal.
    what i need though is the name fo their latest release.
    any takers...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

I think its called Pts.of.Athrty - The Jay Gordan mix...(original track Points of Authority) its from their new Album Reanimation, mostly remixes of the Hybrid Theory album with a few new tracks.

Ill keep an eye out on MTV tonight and make sure.... is that the video with the alien battle?.

Vex.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

smashing stuff

the video is pretty cool, just wanted to get a better look at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

it's a brilliant video, pity about the song that's playing over it though :(

hehehe.

got it.
    cheers vex.

yeah, cool video.
    songs ok.
    not a linkin park fan, just wanted to see the video again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

The video's one of the best things you'll ever see, its like it was ripped out of Final Fantasy Ten....

But the song and band do indeed suck....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

The video rocks, but the music does indeed suck.
    It seems linkin park have tried to make fans like their video's as opposed to their music ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Drunk pirate

Ether they are trying to drain more money out of their first album or they can't make a second one. I mean come on! A remix album when they only composed one album....bums. The vids ok though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

there's a good review of this cd here

i think the reviewer hits the nail on the head with this one

Aw...the joys of Something awful ....

Pity the reviewer really hasn't a bloody clue about Linkin Parks....

1. They're not undrground, they are HIGHLY successful (God help us)

2. ....

Ah fúck it.....it probably just a piss take:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by deco
    Aw...the joys of Something awful ....

Ah fúck it.....it probably just a piss take:)

That penny sure took its time dropping

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

yeah but they are funny ****ers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by Drunk pirate
    Ether they are trying to drain more money out of their first album or they can't make a second one. I mean come on! A remix album when they only composed one album....bums.

Yeah seems like a major cop out to me, releasing a remix album of your first album as your second one.
    "I know, lets not make a new album, let's just remix our first one and remarket it. I'm sure nobody will notice...."
    They cant be all that different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 philippe_s

Linkin Park.. sont une bande manufacturée qu'ils ne font pas leur propre musique. J'aime leur musique parce que leur premier CD a eu beaucoup de chansons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Drunk pirate

come again

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Shamo

Well the altavista translation thing came with this:

Linkin Park are a manufactured band which they do not make their own music. I like their music because their first CD had many songs

Last part seems a bit stupid lol..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

Linkin park suck the only reason why they released this new album renamation is because the are not able to write another one and also the lead singer Chester is a ****ing wanker. The band have been around since 1992 or something like that (band was orignally called hybird theory) and they only have 1 album the then re-released there album and changed there band name to linkin park and called the album hybird theory and somehow the became famous. Now the remix there 1st album and idiots will go out and buy this ****.

Hahaha,

I bloody well know that something awful is a piss take....

I was trying for what you call "irony"....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭fisifan01

OMG i can`t believe the cynicism of people on this thread. So Linkin park are Commercial. its not their fault if tennyboppers like their music they never intended to sell out in the first place and they appreciate every bit of their sucess and unlike limp Bizket they are not big headed about it. Their has been no critical acclaim of the excellent lyricism and sound engineering skills which is unsuprising as critics are often brit hop lovers who are biased against american rock and roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Actually the main point of criticism in the thread is the fact that their second album is just a ramake of the first.

Back on topic. The video is really good, but I have to watch it muted because IMO the song is terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭EvenStar

I thought the video was wierd. o well. the song is kind of annoying. i hated the whole thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

ive yet to form an true opinion on the band...i do feel they got famous at the wrong time, coz there were a few bands at the same time doing the same thing and that kind of music became a trend. when i saw the add for the remix album, it sounded good, id buy that over the first one. haven't seen the video yet.

0well, to be honest im not too worried about their music.
    i got over all that i hate that band stuff long ago.

im grown up :)
    the video rocks though

Could have fooled me....

Originally posted by Dustaz

That penny sure took its time dropping

inflatable pennies man!

THINK ABOUT IT

Originally posted by deco
    Could have fooled me....

it wasnt hard.....

It never is....

Death to FAUX METAL!!:D

(Wonder how long it'll take Ken to lock this topic....)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Rage Against The Machine - Sleep Now In The Fire

I'll upload it int college at some point.

Rammstein - Links 1,2,3 (the one with the ants is a good video too, as is Sonne)

wan giant snow white!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Dredz

Excellent lyricism?

Rock and roll?

This _is_ Linkin Park we're talking about here, right?

:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Originally posted by fisifan01
    its not their fault if tennyboppers like their music they never intended to sell out in the first place

Aaaaahahahaha. Heeehehehe. Ohh, my sides.
    I'm sorry about that, but... hahahahah. Hehe. Damn, I've forgotten what I was gonna say now :cool:

• Advertisement

In all fairness, they really where always marketed at the 14 old angry market...

I consider them training bras for those new to metal...

Advertisement