Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Odd email....

• 06-08-2002 11:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭

Lads,

Just received a very odd email. It had the words"Boards.ie Ltd. (Ireland)" in the subject line, two files attached ( JPEG called DIALTONE.JPG and a PIF called align.pif) and a bit of HTML in the body. The sender is obviously a spoofed (4htalcmrse10@omi.o).
    Did anyone else get this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Sounds like a Klez type virus, that grabs random info from peoples harddrives to use to in further infection attempts. I'd get the latest definitions for your anti-virus s/w if I were you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Yep, its´t the Klez one allright.
    Didn´t check it straight away as I wasn´t on one of my own boxes and had to update the A-virus software on this one first....

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

With the exception of the (very rare) DNTK, we never send unsoliticited mail. Even DNTK is solicited in that we only send it to people who checked the Allow Admins Mail Me option.

We never ever sell email addresses. Not now, not ever. (I know you know this already, I'm just reiterating it).

I've had an account on boards called John Doh! for the last while (yes I'm a multi and I should ban myself :) ) to test the spam thing. Not one spam from it so far.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by DeVore
    yes I'm a multi and I should ban myself :)

But isn't that like a paradox that will rip a big hole in the space-time continuum and other nerdy stuff? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

rip rip rip !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

(and I'm embarrassed to have to ask, but...) DNTK? Do Not [something] [something]?

Gadget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Kopf

Originally posted by amp
    Sounds like a Klez type virus, that grabs random info from peoples harddrives to use to in further infection attempts. I'd get the latest definitions for your anti-virus s/w if I were you.

clever stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

DNTK = Don't Need To Know.
    It was a sort of cummunity newsletter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

Originally posted by Puck
    DNTK = Don't Need To Know.
    It was a sort of cummunity newsletter.
    Thank 'ee kindly...

Gadget

Advertisement