Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD ripping software?

Options
  • 06-08-2002 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭

I have a few concert DVD's and was wondering if there is software that you could rip the songs off to MP3 or any audio format really. So that I could make CD's to listen to in the car.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Not sure about ripping audio, but I think you'll find http://www.doom9.net is a good place to start......

I've got a few DVD audio RIPs (good old usenet!) so I know its possible.

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

Thanks Dave,

I downloaded some stuff from there and it seems to be what I am looking for - I'll try it and post how I get on later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

ive used smart ripper and never had a problem with it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Ripping sound is amazingly easy and pretty foolproof - far easier than ripping the video.

doom9 will have all the info you need.

If you're in any way particular about quality, rip it straight to wav and leave it like that while you're chopping the sound up for individual tracks. Any movie soundtrack is usually about one gigabyte in wav format.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Don't know about ripping songs, but try DVD Squeese - it can rip a DVD on to a simgle CD!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement