Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tune in Net2 in the Uk

• 06-08-2002 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

does anyone know if this is possible through Sky Digi? or even through an Aerial.
    i need to tune in net2 on the west coast of the uk

thanks
    bomb

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Only if you have an Irish Sky digibox with you, bomb.

Aerial-wise, for the interests of geographical location (to see if you could get a signal) where roughly are you? Kippure on Band III is possible along from the Wirral around most of Cardigan Bay, (but having a VHF telly would be a bigger issue) Mt. Leinster on UHF is possible south of this, but no promises. Both would require suitable amounts of ironmongery, though.

Best of luck,

Damien.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Im not actually in the uk..
    ill explain

i work for a wrestling company here in ireland and we are getting some airtime on net2 (yay) this saturday on sports monthly at 1.30 (plug) and i was hoping to find out some way of letting the fans in the uk watch. but it doesnt look good.
    i dont think net2 webcast either:(

anyway thanks for your help
    bomb

• Registered Users Posts: 19 lifeboatdoc

As earlier replies have indicated there are only two ways to receive RTE TV in the uk:

1. Get an Irish reg Digibox- see other threads about this

2. Direct off the air. Again see the post above re the options.
    I live on the North Wales coast and have watched RTE and Net 2 for 10 years with a Televerter and a band 3 VHF aerial. Cost 10 years ago was £200 once off. As TV3 and TG4 are not VHF thry are not available to us in the UK from Kippure.

The best option is 1.

Advertisement