Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NTL connection charge

• 06-08-2002 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

After moving into a new house last Christmas, I was undecided whether to get Sky Digital or go with NTL. After some e-mails and phone calls to NTL I was told that I could have an NTL connection and that a technician could visit me. Then came the shock - as an afterthought I was told that a connection charge of 120 *quid* would apply!

After about 2 seconds I decided to politely say NO to NTL and then decided to get Sky Digital. Since then I have been relatively happy with Sky Digital. The primary problem is the issue with viewing different channels in different rooms.

I am now thinking of getting NTL but do not want to pay, what I consider an exhorbitant connection charge. Friends of mine have told me that they were not charged for a new connection in a newly built house.

Does anyone know what the up-to-date situation is with NTL connection charges? Do these still apply?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭Tom

I'm in the same situation. I want to get rid of sky and get NTL, mainly because the high speed internet access is also available in our area. But they are still charging €150 connection fee. I asked why it would cost so much for a job that would not take very long as the house is already wired but they kept saying it would cost €150. All that means is that they will lose a potential customer and will not take a customer from sky.

I thought they would do anything to take customers from Sky but I was sadly mistaken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 HighburyHigh

If NTL think that I will pay 150 euro just for the privilege of a connection then they are sadly mistaken.

NTL should be doing everything to prevent losing customers to Sky and also trying to win back existing Sky users. No wonder things are looking so bleak for them....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Well, look at their situation in the UK.

For a time, (dunno if it is still ongoing) they stopped taking in new customers, to concentrate efforts on keeping their existing customer base from turning to Sky Digital.

mad mad mad.

Advertisement