Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wow i'm bored.

Options
  • 06-08-2002 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

So, I've been on boards for the best part of half an hour(i have 24mins left on this machine) and I'm bored. I've taken to blinfing myself with my optical mouse for fun. And i'm listening to Jerry Cantrell (anyone with good music tastes, get Angel Eyes, it is one of the most touvhing touching songs on record.)on my D-EJ615 discman, with the new l33t w.ear headphones i got yesterday(im so sad, I spent 30 euros on headphones. I have a habit of only buying the premiunm quality stuff.) Anf drinking can after can of Red Devil. I havent eaten since i got here, which was very late sunday.

Altough, I found a games workshop here...I couls run over there and get some bits for my new funky mage...(i'm making models for no particular game, jusy for the fun of it.)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

You are in Amsterdam, Amsteram is riddled with pot. You know what to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

I don't DO drugs. I don't see the point.

Heh, I bought a Black Guard Command and a Twilight Ringwraith and the guy at the counter freaked out because they were different games...oh, whenwill ye realize the infinite possibilities of conversions?

I went to the airport today for no reason at all. I found Jolt. In a can. And mountain dew. That was at 8 o clock. Its 4 and im still here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Originally posted by dukman
    I don't DO drugs.

Apart from caffeine, of course. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

You're in Amsterdam and you don't do drugs. What's wrong with this picture?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

It's a sentence?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

I was rather trying to point out that people who go to Amsterdam either like a:Urban sprawl b:Free bikes or c:Drugs. In most cases it's the latter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Plasticman

that's a very closed minded, no wait, STUPID point of view, barry. a lot of people go for the cultural value. anyway brussels is better cos pot is still legal, and the legal age for alcohol is lower

You're in Amsterdam and you don't do drugs. What's wrong with this picture?
    I dont DO drugs. PERIOD. I dont see the point in getting attached to chemicals in exchange for just a temporary moment of contentness. . I mean, caffeine has no effect on me. It may be a drug, but I'm not addicted to it, i just like the taste of the drinks which happen to have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Shoeless Ailbhe

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amsterdam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BYE!

OH, and ignore Barry. He spends far to much time watching the Simpsons.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Shoeless Ailbhe

See how far the eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee goes!

• Advertisement

For the record, pot / weed / marijuana / hash / mary jane / happy 420 is not addictive. It is impossible to become chemically dependent on it. Whilst I respect your decision not to do pot Garóg, I can't help but feel you made it based on misinformation which is spread throughout our schools by anti-drug campaigns. But don't get me started on those.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Hmm...It must be a big coincidence that you like the taste of all caffiene realted drinks, as pure caffiene tastes mank in forms you never knew existed.

And,Bob, THANK YOU! for an intelligent mention of [insert pot nicknames here] that doesnt involve Bob Marley or imbecillic shouts of "Free da fookin weed" or other such manufactured rap-influenced slogans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Just because something's not chemically addictive doesn't mean that it's not psychologically addictive. Of course, you can become psychologically addicted to most things, but it's a hell of a lot easier for it to happen with hash. :p

Addiction bad, healthy obsession good....

Ah, but the point is that psychological addiction can be broken with little more than will power. And for what it's worth, in my three or four years of hanging around and being in the presence of drugs almost daily and definetely weekly I have never seen anyone become addicted to weed. See, heroin ... there's something you don't want to do. Ever.

Hugh, you are most welcome. It is idiots who act as you described who are holding up the legalisation / declassification of marijuana in this country. Though, I can't see it being legalised fully for a good long while. Although, the Garda Siochana's (sp?) time would be much better spent going after dealers of devils piss (heroin) who will gladly deal to a nine year old kid than people who casually engage in the use of marijuana.

And anti-drug campaigns - for the most part - suck royal ass. They merely say drugs are bad rather than explain why drugs are bad and what the results of drug usage are. There's no use saying heroin might kill you on the first use because that won't deter people, saying heroin will make you it's bitch and your life will revolve around heroin and will be devoid of any family or friends after first usage would be much more effective in my experience and opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

i don't know if i mentioned this before... but i have a great idea for an anti-drugs ad campaign.

Go to Mountjoy. Get a heroin addict. Interview him/her. Ask them name/age etc. Then ask them why they're in the prison. Ask to see their arms etc. Basically show them what a heroin addict IS like. Let people see what **** of the earth is. Plus the fact it's a mountjoy interview will kinda hit home the law thing.

hey, I KNOW pot isn't addictive. I was talking about general drugs. Pot is fine iofnyou do it right.

Advertisement