Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Available] Room for rent

Options
  • 06-08-2002 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

Have a single room for rent in IMMEDIATELY.

Area: Lucan

Amenities (times walking): Liffey Valley S.C. (5mins), 24 hour garage (10mins), 25A Bus Stop (with GPS, 10mins), Pub/Off Licence and 'local' S.C. (15 mins), Lucan Village (25 mins).

Quiet Area, driveway parking, garage, back/front gardens.

No bills to pay.....except if you want internet access you'll have to go halves on installation and rental of PSTN line, and I've been informed that DSL is available (dunno if the line will pass though).

You'd only be sharing with me. So pref Professional, definitely non-smoking, and clean (at least outside of your bedroom).

€300 pm.

:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ch001

how convenient/inconvenient would it be to TCD? i presume a bus journey? have accepted my place but haven't had a chance to look for anything yet due to family reasons. €300 per month (how much would the bills be?) seems reasonable considering what was reported in the press.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,365 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It would be about 6 miles from TCD with buses that would be quite frequent and drop you close by. While the buses are (very?) good, I imagine they would take sometime to cross the M50 in the morning and this would need to be allowed for.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yeah, I used to get into town in about 40mins, but that was at the start of summer. Over the last week (maybe people are just readjusting to cold/kids back/etc) traffic has been worse than I've ever seen it. There are plenty of substantial bus lanes though, so once you get through Chapelizod, it takes about 10 mins to get down the quays. Buses run every 15/20 mins from 6am to 11:45pm.

Bills won't be much. Heating/Electricity and NTL for two people would only come to about €40 each/month. We'll be paying more if you go halves on a phone line though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

Friend got a place in ChristChurch instead
    cheers anyway

Sorry yes, this is still available

*bump*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

[Moderator]BOLD![/Moderator]
    tHE vAGGABOND said: careful, the landlord is a twat ;)

*bumpity bump*

It's still available.....

And joey, you wish you still lived here :p

lol..

<I wont say anymore, for fear of scaring people away :)>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 che

how far from intel are you. im looking for something in that area if its still available.

anything up to a 30 min cycle from there is good bye the way.
    I would be looking to move in before next tuesday.

• Advertisement

I know the bloke who owns the house worked at intel, and its a short drive..

It may be a far cycle tho..

im used to cycling. if ya can find out ruffly what the distance is id be very interested in the room.
    dont want to be to far away ,but im not to pushed if its within a few miles

It's literally a 5 min drive. Probably about 3 miles from intel (down the dual carraigeway), I dunno, I've never actually gone out that way :)

map-ireland.com reliably tells me that leixlip is 2.88 miles from lucan, and 4 mins drive, so my 3 miles is prolly about right. :)

e-mail me at andyinasia2001@hotmail.com , dont ask about the e-mail address i was away last summer and its kinda stuck.

che, check your pm's/email.

So....emmmm....yeah. Still available.......I'm not mad about paying bills on my own.....:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭simon_partridge

Originally posted by seamus
    25A Bus Stop (with GPS, 10mins)
    You need a Global Positioning System to find the bus-stop... is it in the middle of a featureless desert or something??

Heh, sometimes it seems like the bus drivers get lost.........

No, it has a 'tracker' on the bus stop that supposedly tells you how far the bus is away. It's usually right to within 2/3 mins

Advertisement