Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

autocue ezine is relevant

• 06-08-2002 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

autocues last issue contained a rather brilliant essay concerning the representation of jesus christ in the movies.covering the american propaganda of the greatest story ever told right thru o et and speilbergs messiah complex.it also looks at the messiah like character of paul newman in cool hand luke.this article is over 3 pages long. our next issue contains an equally brilliant essay on the portrayals of radio in the visual medium of film

it seems very frightening that the moderators of this board seem so dismissive of new ideas that may expose their own unoriginality.

you say its about music.that is true to an extent buit its also very funny and covers a wide range of topics and will continue to do so in future issues. we like yourselves do not make any money out of our site or ezine.we do however encourage people to write to us with their own articles and ideas.

it saddens us greatly that in a world where media content is so strictly controlled by corporations that you would choose to censor us from telling people that there is an alternative out there. that just may make them laff for about fifteen mins or so as they read it.

if you would like to subscribe you can email autocue2002@yahoo.com

the moderator can choose to remove this if he wants but we are all on the same side.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Wow, this guy's got issues...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'd be supportive of you if you didn't sound so much like those sad 'Reclaim the Streets' fewls.
    the moderator can choose to remove this if he wants but we are all on the same side.

Against who? Boards.ie is set up for fun. It's owners aren't fighting any divine battle against money-making sites (although God knows they do stick up for their beliefs :p).

Your ezine sounds interesting, but give the whole 'freedom of speech' thing a rest. These boards have rules, otherwise they'd just fill up with sh1te. Obey them and people here will respect you. Just registering to tell us about your ezine will get you no support.
    it seems very frightening that the moderators of this board seem so dismissive of new ideas that may expose their own unoriginality.

Petty insults will *especially* make you hated.

Just a few nice words :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 autocue

my point was that the url of the site was removed from the last thread. we are in no way affiliated with reclaim the streets,we just thought that you guys might stop masterbating for five mins and check it out.you may just lean something

and when youre done leaning you may actually learn something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Excuse me for a minut there autocue, we have plenty of ladies here who masturbate too....

• Advertisement

my sincere apologies autocue welcomes dedicated **** of both sexes.and trust us you will be in fine company with us.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

blah blah blah
    The issue that was up on your site seemed solely to do with music. If you had a blurb for your next issue mentioning films like the above, I wouldn't have had a problem with it. But considering how few posts you have and the evidence presented to me, it was deemed spam, hence locking and editing. I'm a fairly easy going mod and I rarely lock or edit threads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Here, have a complimentary slice of "Shut The Hell Up" cake.

true its my first time.you should have been more gently.
    only the first issue is on the site merely to encourage people to email us for the next one.this is just to gauge just how many people out there are looking for sumthing different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Sorry, but what has an amateur mix of students opinions got to do with discussion of tv and film?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I think this thread calls for a picture

BigCupOf1.jpg

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

I don't think autocue is off to a good start...

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I don't think autocue had longevity in mind when he/she/they registered their boards.ie account.

autocue would like to apologise for not being up to the level of this board. unfortuneatley our parents are married.we will leave you to your stimulating convesations about eastenders and your banal chatter about working in extravsion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I'm sure all of are deeply hurt by your witticisms - actually I'd say it's more likely that we don't care :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

keep working on the literacy skills auto, or is that something that the pawns of corporate media impose on us?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Originally posted by autocue
    ..... unfortuneatley .... convesations ..... extravsion.
    Yeah, well..... at least we can SPELLL (whoops! :) )

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

I think that autocue won't be coming back. I think something in everyone will miss him.

He would've been a real easy target.:D

Advertisement