Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mjallby and Leeds

• 06-08-2002 4:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭

Leeds have reportedly shown an interest in Celtic's £6 million rated centre back Johann Mjallby.

Reports suggest that they see him as an ideal replacement for Ferdinand, and so far only the player has spoken on the matter saying that he would like to play in the Premier League...

B0LL0CKS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

he has said he wants to go :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Jake

Are you sure about this?

Iv heard nothing about Mjallby (Malboo, as he was called by the RTE commentators during the world cup?) wanting to go!

The only thing Iv seen is a comment from MON saying that he wasnt for sale, which isnt surprising seen as we are already short on defenders!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

why do irish people feel the need to support celtic? i personally dont like the team or care what players leave. mjallby would be mad not to join a club like leeds from such a mickey mouse outfit as celtic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Originally posted by Jake
    Are you sure about this?

Sky sports:

Celtic defender Johann Mjallby says he would be ready to move to Leeds United.

The Elland Road club are believed to be tracking the Sweden international following the £30million sale of Rio Ferdinand.

New Leeds boss Terry Venables was able to watch the 31-year-old closely as a TV pundit during the World Cup and although he says nothing has happened yet, Mjallby made it clear he would consider the move south.

He said: "I have not been contacted, so I don't know anything at the moment. But if the clubs are talking with each other and reach an agreement, I will listen to them (Leeds).

"The Premier League is one of the best leagues in the world and is of course something entirely different to the Scottish one.

"But I am not the first Celtic player to be linked with a move."

Mjallby was a key member of the Celtic side that kicked off the SPL season with a 2-1 victory over Dunfermline last Saturday.

it would a be shame to sell him, but Id be mad -> it might be the right time to sell him, get 6 million for him isnt bad.... and we need the money. There is plenty of young players coming into the squad.

lucky leeds dont seem to have much cash, as seen by their bunch of bargin basement buys..

Helix - we support who we like, the fact that lots of people also support celtic is great. it makes as much sense as someone from Dublin/Cork/Galway supporting Liverpool or Man Yew following the mighty Celts. Most Irish kids dont follow the league of Ireland and pick an English team to follow. Why an English team?, whats wrong with a Scotish team?

• Advertisement

but why this big "if youre irish you MUST support celtic" buzz? personally i hate celtic. cant stand the way the fans are basically united supporters in green and white, coz they seem to think they havea divine right to win everything.

on the home front im a drogheda united man, and in england i support villa. by all means suport who you want, but theres this thing that if youre irish you have to support celtic that i just dont get

Christ!
    Cant believe we are having this debate again!
    If ye dont like Celtic well then why bother posting on Celtic related threads?

Anyway...........for your information Helix I support celtic because I identify with the club! (I myself was born in England as my family had to move to find work)
    I find it fascinating that a club which was first started as a charity to feed Irish kids in Glasgows east end has grown into one of the biggest clubs in the world (53,000 season ticket holders and waiting list of 13,000)
    I find it more fascinating still that the club, after 114 yeras still identifies with its Irish roots and that the majority of fans still prefere to support the ROI rather than Scotland.

Silly romanacism I hear you say? well yes, probably, but so what? isnt that what footballs about?

As for the divine right to win everything comment, you obviously know very little about Celtic fc as Rangers have dominated much of the last 20 years north of the border!

If you wanna support Villa thats fine! I do however find it funny that Irish people s****** at Celtic playing in far inferior league (which of course it is) to the Premiership as if somehow Ireland and Irish people are part of the English premiership and therefor can afford look down on Scottish teams and their pityful league!

Maybe you can explain that one for me?

Cheers

Originally posted by Jake
    As for the divine right to win everything comment, you obviously know very little about Celtic fc as Rangers have dominated much of the last 20 years north of the border!

i never mentioned anything about WHO won anything, i just said that celtic supporters go on as if they should, by right, win everything... never mind the other teams, celtic deserve to win everything. no matter how well they play, how good/bad their team is, the supporters are always the same. just like united supporters, just like the english media about their national team

if you feel that way, IM sorry..

but just ignore celtic related threads here and we will all be happy as we have had this debate 10 gazillion times before and its boring :)

Originally posted by Helix

i never mentioned anything about WHO won anything, i just said that celtic supporters go on as if they should, by right, win everything... never mind the other teams, celtic deserve to win everything. no matter how well they play, how good/bad their team is, the supporters are always the same. just like united supporters, just like the english media about their national team

Hmmmmm ye must have missed the rest of the post as I typed alot more than that explanation about Celtics "devine right"!

Think we'll drop the subject now.....................

BTW best of luck to Villa for the start of the new premiership season

• Advertisement
Advertisement