Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Word Perfect 5.1 to Word 2000

• 06-08-2002 7:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

I'm tryin to convert some files form an old machine running the dos based word perfect 5.1. Some of the files are fine and wordpad can open it but there are hundreds of other files with no particular extension that I cant get to open.

When you are using the program you can type macro and the file name you want nd the file instantly opens.
    Any advice I really need to shift these files

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Have had same problem with old versions of Wordperfect, some of which I never managed to import cleanly. The best results I managed were by opening the Wordperfect files in Lotus Ami/Wordpro and then saving as Word files. There do however seem to be big problems with any files containing embedded objects.

If you need these done perfectly then there are a number of 3rd party programs available specifically for this job, though from what I've seen you'll pay for the pleasure.

Advertisement