Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 New Bbc Channels

• 06-08-2002 7:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Theres meant to be 3 new BBC Channels testing. two of them are active. i wonder can ireland receive them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭skorn

what 3 new bbc channels?

first i've heard about this. nothing over at lyngsat.com about it.

what are the frequencies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

NEWSFLASH FOR TUESDAY 6th AUGUST 2002.

THREE NEW BBC TESTS - TWO NEW CHANNELS ACTIVE

Other news:
    New Sky Digibox software now available
    Sport channel closes

Details of the decision on the channel's current situation and future can be heard in the UK by calling:
    09069 100 152 (£1/min)

E-mail subscribers receive all this news in our weekly review
    --
    © 2002 - OzSat News
    PO Box 234
    KIDLINGTON DO
    OX5 1XT
    U.K.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭marclt

Well one of those is going to be BBC Radio 1xtra... the black music station launching August 16th... am a little clueless about the rest... will have to check that out!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

This is referring to the new BBC radio services which have started testing on 11.798 GHz Horizontal:

Labels are -

6466 - BBC 1Xtra - now testing.
    6468 - possibly for the new BBC children/comedy/plays station - no sound as yet.
    6469 - Currently playing Radio Scotland

All tests are currently available in Ireland through "Other Channels".

6469 is currently playing fantastic music (well to me anyhow). It's Celtic/world stuff. Sounds great !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Originally posted by Charles Slane
    6468 - possibly for the new BBC children/comedy/plays station - no sound as yet.

6469 is currently playing fantastic music (well to me anyhow). It's Celtic/world stuff. Sounds great !!

Keep an eye on 6469 during the daytime, it could be BBC Radio nan Gaidheal.

6468 is the radio station with the working title of Network Z, which will be launching sometime Sept/Oct. http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/networkz/

All radio stations, no new TV. And probably still available to us in Other Channels, like all the others.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Element 4

whats the frequency ??

E4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

whats the frequency ??

Originally posted by Charles Slane
    This is referring to the new BBC radio services which have started testing on 11.798 GHz Horizontal:

Labels are -

Advertisement