Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bray area..

• 06-08-2002 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

I'll be moving to Bray, in Co. Wicklow in about 4 weeks. I have been looking at eircoms prices and almost choking..

is Chorus any cheaper and would I be able to get it in Bray?

Comments

Afaik, Bray is in lovely NTL land.
    Chorus have not got their hands on it.
    mm
    Oh and stay away from car number ten in the dogems:D
    It's spooked:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭edove

Is it?

I thought NTL only covered West Dublin (or so it says in VERY small letters on their website..)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Nope, all of Dublin NTL land, except for Swords, Malahide (and Celbridge in Kildare)

Dunboyne, Bray and Maynooth are also in NTL land.

Excellent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by edove
    Excellent!
    Your mention of Eircom seems to suggest that you're looking for broadband out of them. If you are looking for a cable modem service, you need to move to an area where NTL supplies this.

• Advertisement

Ah yes, forgot to mention that bit!
    So can I not get broadband through NTL then..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by DamoDMC
    Nope, all of Dublin NTL land, except for Swords, Malahide (and Celbridge in Kildare)

Dunboyne, Bray and Maynooth are also in NTL land.

You left out Howth and Sutton ... damn. NTL nowhere near Winters house :( :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by edove
    Ah yes, forgot to mention that bit!
    So can I not get broadband through NTL then..
    Not in Bray, no. According to NTL, they finished upgrading 25,000 homes in parts of West Dublin in 2001, and have no plans to upgrade more in the forseable future.

Advertisement