Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

• 06-08-2002 10:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭

Man what a great series.... and enough loose threads to make the start of the next series very interesting! :)

DVD is out on the 19th of August..... seriously tempted to get it...... 16x9 widescreen, alternative ending, preview of series 2....

- Dave.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

A little long-winded at times, but f**king brilliant all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭pertinax

i watched it at the start for a few episodes but lost interest as i too thought it was a bit too long winded. but i watched the ending episodes and they were good but the daughter was fair ugly i thought :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Dipped in and out its okay but the last few episodes are a must see go!i wont get the dvd unless it is very cheap.btw this i agree with!
    but the daughter was fair ugly i thought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Wife didn't end up looking the best either come to think of it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

I think it was over long & boring. It is similar to many conspiracy series before.

It was completely over rated. Do we really need to waste another 24 hours watching stuff like this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

When you add it all up it's probably only 22 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

19.2 hours actually :)

Jesus, the last one last night was really really crap. If anyone is watching the beeb for the widescreen version, dont be expecting too much :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

I've been watching 24 from the very start, never missed an episode. I loved it, thought it was great and the real time gimmick was interesting. The ending was unexpected, I was expecting something a little more upbeat. Methinks I shall be watching the next series.

I've heard that the next series takes place the next day. Surely Bauer would be so exhausted, battered and emotionally drained that he would collapse before the first episode finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nah its not the next day.... from what I've heard:
    Some tidbits about the next series:
    Its a few months later. Palmer is the Pres, and terrorists are threatening to blow up a nuke in LA .... Its up to Mr. Bauer to save the day. Again. This series will start at 8am.

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭three

I think 24 was the best programme to come from America in years. I can't wait for the next series.

• Advertisement

If anybody has seen it could they pm me the alternate ending.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Don't think its anything too exciting.
    Happy happy joy joy, all Bauer family members survive, group hug at the end etc. etc. Dark endings are sooooo much better !!!!

- Dave.

Did you see it or is that just a guess ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

I bought the DVD and I was shocked to see an awful blooper in one scene with Nina you could see the cameraman behind her also there are cuts in the final 5 eps but I havent got that far yet.

Advertisement