Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

check out utv 11pm 2nite

• 06-08-2002 10:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

great movie alert!"electra glide in blue " afilm rarely shown is on utv tonight at 11pm.A slow moving drama/black comedy this os a gem of a movie not to be missed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Are you sure its on U(gh)TV? More a Channel 4 flick I'd say.
    I saw it several years back, and did'nt warm to it. It looked great but never engaged me. Oh well, I did'nt like Diva either and everyone was raving about that in 1982.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 524 ✭✭✭buzzerbuckley

nah it was on utv.ch4 movies crap since the advent of film 4.thats going down hill now too.slow burner, some good wise cracks.you`re right about diva thogh,crap,up there with the overated bunch of goodfellas,true romance,badlands,cape fear etc.give me once upon a time in america over the drivel that is goodfellas anyday.redrock west on tv this week,theres another pile of ****e.

I loved Red Rock West! But I'm a sucker for Dennis Hopper and
    noir flicks.

Mike.

hopper has some great films but some thrash ones as well.too many twists & turns in rrw for me takes the viewer for a ride.All we were short of is the aul its adream nonsence.personally i thought it was thrash mate but whatever floats your boat....at least you didnt try to defend the thrash that is badlands.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

I enjoyed Red Rock West, not sure why. Not the greatest film ever made but it has style. I quite enjoy film noirs.

• Advertisement

mmm paul,suggest you axe that stutters "joke " from your logo.Know someone who stutters and believe you me its no joke.the amount of abuse and ridicule she takes is unreal & she ha s a mild one.As she says " you dont laugh at a cancer patient do you?".......prefer good noirs like blood simple,angel heart etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

You humorless **** buckley. Oh and Red Rock West is pretty good and Angelheart is surely more horror than film noir.

no sorry i do hum you asshole.you have no idea what yourè talking about you dick head.my sister has had her whole life ruined by this disease and has been bullied at school and later for years.according to the experts,one of the main reasons it takes over a persons whole life is the taunting as what happens in western world.you are a ignorant ****.She is a beautiful girl but has the self confidence of a kid.keep your nose out when you are not asked you fool.I genuinely feel sorry for people who stammer and I support them in anyway possible.....dont think its an out and out horror either is it?then again with your sense of humour or rather "humor" its probably comedy.

Oh good god grow up. Jesus if every politically correct idiot like you had their way there would be no jokes. Everybody has something they don't like being joked about, what makes you an asshole is the shouting from the rooftops "You've offended me!".

While anyone would sympathise with you're particular woes it doesn't give you the right to dictate taste to somebody else.

Having said that I do apologise for the spelling it was unforgiveabel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

buzzer I do not apologise for my sig, it's a joke not an attack upon stutterers. Having said that I sympathise with what you are saying, I know a few people with speech problems. Try not to be overly sensitive about it. Hell, I was thinking about changing the sig anyway
    :rolleyes:

Angelheart is more horror but it has a few of the film noir elements. Also, have to agree with mike65, Electra Glide in Blue is more of a channel four flick. What's it doing on UTV?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

Originally posted by buzzerbuckley
    no sorry i do hum you asshole.you have no idea what yourè talking about you dick head.my sister has had her whole life ruined by this disease and has been bullied at school and later for years.according to the experts,one of the main reasons it takes over a persons whole life is the taunting as what happens in western world.you are a ignorant ****.She is a beautiful girl but has the self confidence of a kid.keep your nose out when you are not asked you fool.I genuinely feel sorry for people who stammer and I support them in anyway possible.....dont think its an out and out horror either is it?then again with your sense of humour or rather "humor" its probably comedy.

I think you're over-reacting. I've got a stammer myself - not a stutter, what happens is I can't get the words out and stand their gasping for air while others look on in bemusement - and it's certainly no fun at all. It can really affect your confidence alright, but you won't make it any easier on yourself if you take any careless joke about stuttering as a personal attack on yourself or every other individual who stutters. As Paul said, he wasn't attacking actual stutterers. And yes, sometimes people DO make jokes about cancer patients. We make jokes about death, homo- or heterosexuality, even the Holocaust - that does not mean that if we met, say, a Holocaust survivor, we'd find their life story amusing.

I used to think everybody was secretly laughing at me when I stammered. A few clearly were, and are, but only the idiots, and who cares what they think? Most people don't really mind and treat you just the same as others. Granted, school is a far more difficult situation because you want so badly to fit in. It's not easy, but it is possible to reduce your self-consciousness from such an acute level.

Whats this thread about again?

This has got me thinking that someone, me maybe should start a stream of conciousness thread on After Hours, a vitual converstation if you will, will you?

Mike.

may be a ch4 flick but it was on utv.stammer is the word used in the uk,stutter in the usa and most other places.same thing.hey,he can use any logo he wants,i merely suggested he review it.as for for that other greasebag....have you heard many people joking about cancer?i havent,only bill hicks and look what happened to him!how about ecezma,flu ???bye the way im a speech therapist so i should know what im talking bout,besides as the guy said this thread has run its course.check out the drivel that is red rock west yourselves guys,im off into town...

Originally posted by buzzerbuckley
    as for for that other greasebag....have you heard many people joking about cancer?i havent,only bill hicks and look what happened to him!

I heard someone tell that one about the disabled kid who got luekemia for Christmas. That was pretty funny.

Do you think that Bill Hicks died of cancer due to some form of divine retribution? Due presumeably to his flagrant disregard for your standards of taste. You really are a ****ing asshole.

I rest my case.After a week of inactivity,is that all that you could muster you clown?Dont waste your words,they dont mean anything to me.

Im due back on planet earth now,somewhere you might like to visit someday.Get a life pal & stop digging up a thread that is past it`sell by date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

I was hoping this thread would die a natural death, but since it hasn't I'm locking it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement