Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old bands new music?

Options
  • 07-08-2002 3:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭

Simple question -
    What do you think of long running bands more recent music?

I think most bands have got worse, but some have held strong, heres a list of a few of my fave bands and what i think of their music :
    Metallica went from superb to naff.
    Iron maiden went from brilliant to very good (they have kept producing good stuff IMO)
    Blind Guardians have been superb all the time.
    Megadeath were always very good.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Hmm, not too sure really.

My Dying Bride barely had a bad moment.
    And Iron Maiden really ****ing rule. It's quite astonishing really how they actualy keep up the quility. The Wickerman is a classic already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

I can't say maiden STAYED consistently brilliant but Brave New World is definitely one of their best albums to date.

As for metallica, couldn't agree with you more.

To go more to the rock side of things, I loved U2's Zooropa and Pop offerings, and although I do enjoy All You Can't, I can't help but feel it's a step backwards.

Aerosmith recently released a great album. Yes they're pop, but they've always been.

I wonder if those bands that've been in it 10 years could be considered for this? Nah... but still, can't wait for Type O Negatives next offering,,,

To slightly move away from rock/metal <sorta... i dunno> Tom Waits still makes damn fine albums. Alice rocks and i've yet to check out Blood Money.

Ozzy's sorta gotten stale, which is a pity cause No More Tears was fantastic and was a complete evolution from his older stuff... pity he went backwards.

Gong are producing fantastic stuff... but most people aren't into that scene...

Motorhead still make good stuff if by now it all just sounds the same. Well... unless you're a fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

iron maiden are a well class band , i heard them first when i was about 10 an thought they were fairly good an now i think the best of the beast album is flippin brilliant ,fear of the dark is excellent on there.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Iced Earth ... Very good to Excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

I think Slash's solo stuff beats the Use Your Illusion albums. After leaving GNR he sort of carried on with the quality of Appetite For Destruction.

What the new GNR will be like, I haven't a clue, except for that one new song on the "End Of Days" soundtrack which unfortunately sucked.

Oh, and The Wickerman truly kicked ass. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement