Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky signal to two digiboxes in different rooms?

• 07-08-2002 10:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

I had an old subscription to Sky which I cancelled in April and still have the digibox and old subscription card. I've since moved house and my wife has applied for a new subscription. Assuming that they see her as a new subscriber and will happily install a new system my question is can I get the signal from the dish sent to two digiboxes or do I need to get the installer to do anything special?

The house has a patch panel in the attic which then distributes the signal about the house, I haven't even seen this so I know no more.

I'd like to have a digibox in the living room and put the second one in the bedroom, but don't want to pay for two subscriptions, can I put a free-to-air card (assuming I can get one) in one and a subscription card in the other and move them around as needed?

I don't want to start adding cabling all around the house so I'm happy to pay a reasonable amount to have the signal going to two rooms, I'll even tell the installer that I'll move the box from one room to the other if it makes a difference.

Any advice much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Originally posted by quenching
    I had an old subscription to Sky which I cancelled in April and still have the digibox and old subscription card. I've since moved house and my wife has applied for a new subscription. Assuming that they see her as a new subscriber and will happily install a new system my question is can I get the signal from the dish sent to two digiboxes or do I need to get the installer to do anything special?

The house has a patch panel in the attic which then distributes the signal about the house, I haven't even seen this so I know no more.

I'd like to have a digibox in the living room and put the second one in the bedroom, but don't want to pay for two subscriptions, can I put a free-to-air card (assuming I can get one) in one and a subscription card in the other and move them around as needed?

I don't want to start adding cabling all around the house so I'm happy to pay a reasonable amount to have the signal going to two rooms, I'll even tell the installer that I'll move the box from one room to the other if it makes a difference.

Any advice much appreciated!

Hi, firstly you need a twin output lnb fitted to the dish with two cables , one to each receiver. You can put a FTA card in one box but because cards are paired or matched to each box they are not interchangeable. Twin lnbs are expensive so prepared to pay a bit extra for this option, if you have ordered direct from Sky the installer will not have a twin lnb on board so an independent retailer is your best bet.

Regards Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Advertisement