Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Insomnia

• 07-08-2002 12:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

Saw this last night... not bad... Al Pacino is getting very old and tired.. though in fairness he was playing an insomniac so probably supposed to... Robin Williams also starred but only appeared about half way through... and the lovely as always Hilary Swank was in it.

The movie itself.. I wont give anything away but I thought it was very good myself.. a little slow as this type of thriller usually is.. here is a tip... don't watch it if you are tired in any way!!

I do recommend it though!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

I'm definitely going to see this film, the scandinavian original was brilliant. Robin Williams is definitely going for a different role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

saw it tonight. Im surprised there hasnt been more hype about this film. I thought it was brilliant.

A nice thick plot which leaves u kinda wondering what was gonna happen, tho imo the ending was kinda obvious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Is it out in the cinema or did you download it or something like that?

i think they musta downloaded it seeing as they saw it a month ago. I saw it today in the cinema. Was packed.

Well worth seeing. It gets the BK thumbs up. Now thats an award every film wants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

and robin williams going for a character role! intresting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

Originally posted by Saruman
    Saw this last night... not bad... Al Pacino is getting very old and tired.. though in fairness he was playing an insomniac so probably supposed to...

*lol*
    loved the movie...id give it 9/10. It is a little bit long. Robin williams was excellent, and very convincing. I havent seen many al pacino movies so (when u say old and tired i presume u mean acting wise) i thought he was great, although the people i was with said it wasnt much of a ahcnge for him.

but did anyone think, and im so glad it didnt happen
    that when robin williams was in the water at the very end he was going to be still alive and go for hilary swank again? or have i watched scream too many times????!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah, I did think that would happen (I was waiting for it!).
    Glad it didn't, though.... (Too 'hollywood'!)

I loved the movie. Well acted, good story, nice bit of cat'n'mouse between Pacino and Williams (especially with the gun).

Definitely recommended.....

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

I saw it last weekend, enjoyed seeing Robin Williams playing something other than a funny-man. He was very good in a serious role in Good Will Hunting also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

8 thumbs up. Well worth a watch. Al Pacino is the man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

i quite enjoyed it... beautiful scenes throughout and some great direction and little touchs (a refreshing change from the last film i seen in the cinema finchers panic room).. could have done without the last two sentences (they really didnt have to make it that obvious).. 8/10.. but nowhere near as good as Memento (Christopher Nolans last, and major debut, film)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

xlnt film i thought
    but could it ever live up to memento
    as far as second and major money films went it was pretty good

al pacino really did look old and tired @ the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Excellent film. I thought it was beautifully shot and I thought the Al's insomnia was a great touch. Brill acting and great to see robin williams in a totally different role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I liked this film but I wouldn't call it excellent. It's certainly a cut or two above the rest of the ****e released this year.

I see on online.ie, it's listed as 18s, but at the cinema it was down as 15PG. I've seen this happen a lot lately. Bad information or the cinemas deliberatly trying to widen the audience?

The film didn't feel like an 18's.

I saw it in entertainment.ie as 18's as well. In the newspapers it was 15pg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭SweetBirdOfTruth

thought it tired and formulaic. the us additions over the norwegian original reduce the story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭Brian Houlihan

Gotta go see

Advertisement