Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

can you build this?

• 07-08-2002 9:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭

Im not sure where to be posting this so if you think it should be somewhere else moderator go ahead and move it :)

Does anyone know anyone who would be able to build 10 of these for a reasonable price?
    flipbook.jpg

Its a small wooden toy. The center drum rotates creating a flip book effect with the card coming out from the drum.
    I have more detailed designs to provide to whoever is making them.

also posted in Art & Anim

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

anyone could rob your idea man, i hope you patented it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

It looks a bit like a rolodex with a handle on it to me.

It shouldn't be any great difficulty to make and probably not that expensive. I'm sure you could find somebody to do it or even do it yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

couldnt you just save yourself the hassle & buy a couple of rolodex'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Dont bluepeter make **** like that?
    My advise: buy some rolodex and some "stickey back plastic" and take a weekend to build one. once you got one made the others are easy enough. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

I'm sorry I made the Rolodex comment now.
    I think it's actually a pretty cool idea for a toy.

I wish I paid attention in woodwork class.

One thing that just came to mind though is that, because this is a kids toy, you'll want to make it both safe and sturdy which means not using nails or glue on its own (nails are bad mmmkay?). You'll probably need to use joints like dovetail joints etc. which could add to the production cost.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭JOOROWNED

i could do that ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

Originally posted by Puck
    One thing that just came to mind though is that, because this is a kids toy, you'll want to make it both safe and sturdy which means not using nails or glue on its own

It wont actually be for kids :)

If you can make it PM me please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Originally posted by Puck
    It looks a bit like a rolodex with a handle on it to me.

It shouldn't be any great difficulty to make and probably not that expensive. I'm sure you could find somebody to do it or even do it yourself.

Thats exactly what i thought when i saw it first... until i read the bit about it supposed to be a toy...

You could give the idea to some kid who does metalwork in school.. slip him a few € and get him to make it.. he could even use it as some sort of project work and get credit... sorted!! Would not even be very hard... I made stuff in school years ago that was more complex.

Few sheets of perspex and a metal bar bent to the shape of the handle is all you need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

nah, the wooden, brightly painted feel is important. It must be made of wood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

A cousin of mine runs a company that makes wooden toys for creches and primary schools.PM me your details and I'll pass them onto him to see if he's interested.

Gandalf.

• Advertisement
Advertisement