Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

grinding your teeth

• 08-08-2002 9:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

i grind my teeth in my sleep and its really annoying for my parter any ideas on how to stop it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Go to your dentist and see about getting a gumshield, its a bit more spohsticated than a moulded bit of rubber, but its necessary for your partners sanity and your own teeth.

My mum had the same problem, and the dentist said she was doing considerable damage to her back teeth, so now she wears a gumshield to protect herself from herself, she's that hard my mum :)

L.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

I am told that grinding your teeth in your sleep is a sure sign of stress. Maybe you need to address any stress you have, why not go to yoga, reflexology etc.

viking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Maybe the stress is caused by continuous tooth grinding ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

My oul lad grinded his teeth for years, now they are tiny.
    he got a special gumsheild for sleeping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭flyz

I grind my teeth, not half as much now as I did when I was in college though.

Stress is the main reason why it happens though too much coffee used to increase the amount of grinding done.

Gumshield is the only way, I had one and I lost it , I'll have to get another soon though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭ifconfig

i heard it is a possible symptom of worms.

--e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

get a gumshield. :)

And get a good one, a friend of mine broke both a plastic one and a specially molded one :(

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

You could try having all your teeth removed ...

Byt odds on your partner won't like that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Stop taking E !!!!!!!

Advertisement