Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What WWE should do!!!

• 08-08-2002 11:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

I feel it is my duty as a fan to let all of you know what I think should happen in the coming weeks/ months in the WWE regarding the undisputed title.

1. Brock Lesnar defeats The Rock at Summer Slam

2. The friction between Lesnar and Angle is milked to its full potential from now until the next pay-per-view culminating in what would be a dream match (at least for me).

3. Kurt Angle defeats Brock Lesnar to become champion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Angle Vs Lesnar would be good alright, but lesnar is still a bit green .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

I don't think elevating Lesnar will be the answer. The guy clearly hasn't got the charisma to push the company in the right direction.

However I'm sure that is what will happen. Angle is used to being a stepping stone at this point (:( ) and Rock is well known for jobbing when needs be so I wouldn't be surprised if Lesnar took the Heavyweight title and set up a 'credible' long reign as champ where he would take on all-comers.

The whole thing is really a double-edged sword. A 'lets see how long Lesnar can hold the title' storyline would be good but like I said he's not a top card player in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

There are a lot of other players who fans have been waiting to see hold the title, Lesnar just hasn't the fan's interest yet. It'd be very much a non-event. Considering the size of the roster since they bought up the competition there's far too much emphasis on the same players being "expected" to win but surely there are more interesting characters that could do something with a storyline of being champeene as tazz would say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

the whole title is a bit of a puzzle right now - angle is not a viable option as he may very well be leaving in a few months so it limits what you can do and build with him - and the last thing we need this year is another transitional champ or it being thrown at another big name of yesteryear and see what happens approach
    but then to give lesner the title is the same thing in reverse - i.e. giving it to a relative unknown or at least unprover with serious doubts about him despite of his protected run so-far)

as for the rock - hes a big name with the masses and can draw more of the casual and younger fans in (from a business approack, as fin martin said - f.uck the hardcore fans as they'll always be there- which is saying f.uck me but from a business view i see the logic) but then rocks act is becoming increasingly stale and it looks like being a boring rerun - another rock title reing means nothing at a time when the title is in desperate need of being elevated

the great title reings and champs have never done it on their own - they have always had a reasonable long and ballanced run with a strong opponent (hogan had andre, among others - and thats the one that solidified his status - for those who remember hagan v. andre actually going back 20+ years ago with hogan as heel, austin had vince dreamer had raven etc etc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

I'd have to agree with cmb, the champion, who i expect will be the rock after summer slam needs a long running exciting rivalry, there' the notable ones fromthe past andre/hogan, steamboat/savage etc, the more recrnt ones rock/mankind austin/vince austin/undertaker austin/everyone.
    I think the wwe are probably still in shock because of austin doing a runner, a long running austin/rock rivalry would have been their best option but that's obviously not gonna happen.
    Lesner is obviosuly a great talent and is only gonna get better, but he simply has no personality.
    they could try pushing one of the younger guys like edge towards the championship but it would probably involve him becoming a heel, which they seem to have decided to do with triple h. It's a funny little mess they've got at the moment.
    Thankfully the cruiser weight division looks to be getting better and better, and it looks as if they're finally gonna do something useful with tommy dreamer. With the introduction of the island boys and the novelty/talent possibilities of the booker t/goldust tag team, and the teams or shannon moore and shame helms, and val venus/bob holly the tag division seem to be getting the kick in the rear it really needed after the splitting of edge/christian, the dudleys and the break the hardys were taking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

yeah but there's a possibility that kurt will be leaving the wwe soon to enter the olympics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Kurt Angle is a muppet i just want to punch him in the face
    I say let Rock keep the title he definetly has attitude and hes funny as hell, i also think the hardyz or billy&chuck should get the tag titles instead of those un-american muppets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

so you want to punch angle out? - he is then doing his job very well because he is meant to be anoying - thats his character and he does a superb job of it - that coupled with his amazing in ring talent makes him the hottest thing in the wwe

the rock? - sure he gets humorous scripts written for him - but they are becoming increasingly tired and stale - more re-runs of thing that were successful in the past being rehashed in an ever increasing attempt to stabalize the downward spiral of the wwe ratings in the us (they are quite healthy in the uk and ireland btw) - that along with the rock being no more than competent in-ring 9as i have already said) really raises questions about the sometimes wwe performer who talks about being wwe through and through and companmy loyalty (but then he always has been full of ****) - the rock has never ecpilsed his superb heel run of late 98 to mid 99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 VinceBlack

The guys said it. Lesner's only redeeming feature is his traps and his size but his personality would be considered dull at a funeral. The guy is not a star and never will be. He doesn't look like a star - Rock looks like a star designed for TV whereas Brock is more suited to the radio. :D

The guys who can 'act' to their scripts well atm IMO are:

Y2K
    HHH
    Rock
    Angle

Apart from the above 4 who looks like real top card star? Beats me.
    Hogan looks like a wrestler from the less energetic 80's!
    Edge is good and a lot better in the ring ATM.
    UT is looking tired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭irishman_abroad

Well Im mot one to brag but Im halfway there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭cactus jack

of all the names mentioned there is one of the list right away. the rock, he has no skill steals moves does the worst attempt at a sharpshooter i've ever seen. enough of pointing out his obvious flaws coz there's not enough pages on the internet for that.
    there are some stars who are ready for a title run such as edge, y2j, rvd [wit hsome mic work] and matt hardy [if he can find a good finisher instead of the tiwst of fate]
    another option could be hbk for a while anyway. i know he'd only be short term and another transitional champ but who wouldn't want to see him as champ once more. especially when you consider they've given it to ultra slow mo hogan.
    i'd say the long term option is to push jeff hardy for the ic belt while trying to get him to bulk up over the next year and maybe around summerslam next year push him for the wwe belt

Neither of the hardys are real contenders for the world title, neither has ANY charisma both are terrible on the mic, their matches are extremly predictable esp Jeff whos just a ****ing punchbag, every single one of his moves involves him throwing himself in no particular fashion at his opponent, hes the sloppiest worker ive seen in a while, matt is only slightly better at least he has SOME idea of ring psychology and pacing, his moonsault isnt too bad either.
    To be honest i dont really Get Hardy fans, i cant see what they see in them:(

Is it possible to censor all cactus jack's posts about the rock so they just say something like

<cactus Jack does not like the rock, 6 pages of spam deleted>

since all he does is say the same crap over and over?
    We get the idea. You don't rate the rock. Enough already.

I like what they are doing with Lesnar . This is somthing different with the WWE .Their old policy of letter new wrestlers paying they dues hen they first come into the WWe is bullsh!t . At least Lesnar looks like a wrestler of Old .They is fecking big .I cant see the Rock doing anything interesting in the next while ,i am hoping for a major heel turn ,mabey bringing back the corporate champ . Angle is just fantastic and you can enjoy all his matches .Triple H Looks fantastic and wrestles great but his style of wrestling does not match his physique lets see some power moves . (my opinion) I am with Bombidol on the Hardy boys . Its the same too predictable and i cant see any of them winning anything major . (i am sure that was said about The Rockers too) Edge i cant see as a major player . Excuse the pu but he doesnt have the cutting edge to be a champ . Big show should be used like Andre . Put him in sombodys corner and let him wrestle about 3 times a year . They are booking this guy a huge punch bag . Undertaker has lost it . Bad ass Bad Knees Bad Back . Kane is the future . RVD shows great matches but will he become too predictable in the years to come like other high flyers in the WWE . Dudley Boy will be brought back . Just a matter of time and mabey giving The APA a longer Title run .Give a power tag team the titles for a bit .In the past 3 years there have been may tag Champions . All of them are brothers !! or so called brothers .

i know matt wouldn't be among the best of champs but i think he would give it a decent go if and it's a big IF he can find a good finisher because we all can see that the big guns would kick out of the twist of fate. as for jeff i was saying have him in the hunt for the IC belt and try build him up over the next year. as for rvd yes i know his moves will become predictable but that is why he should be utilised sooner before his moves become stale.

It wouldnt make a difference what move he uses, he could use a sleeper hold and it woldnt matter, if he was a headliner it would get sold. Rvd is cool but he never expands on his move sets, he also has no sense of psychology. Jeff is just a punch bag and he gets given the odd belt everynow and again just so someone can beat the crap out of him and win the strap in fashion.

Just a little reminder Bill Goldberg may still be coming to the WWE and if that happens I cant see anyone else standing in his way to the title

In all Honesty Goldberg is not that great and the WWE does not really need him, having Brock Lesnar . I would like to see some body like Sting or Vampiro join the WWE .

I dont think we'll ever see vampiro in WWE, if we did it would be coo lthough. Goldberg will end up there though as to what they will do with him remains to be seen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

Originally posted by Repli
    Kurt Angle is a muppet i just want to punch him in the face
    I say let Rock keep the title he definetly has attitude and hes funny as hell, i also think the hardyz or billy&chuck should get the tag titles instead of those un-american muppets

Dude, you sound totally gay! What age are you? 11?

• Advertisement

You know with all this talk of existing superstars from ECW/WCW I got to thinking with the continued sucess of Brock Lesnar and Kurt Angle the WWE must be looking a more plausable prospect for all up and coming new amateur wrestlers, and if they are managed correctly whos to say there cant be a whole card full of ex-amateur wrestlers in the WWE. Anybody know if this is going to happen or who the recent NCAA champs are? All I can say is if they all look as impressive as Brock or have Kurts talent then the future of the WWE is very bright.

it could be a very bright future if there are more amatuer wresters to come through, but at the same time if there are to many coming through people will get fed up seeing their matches week in week out. the main reason angle vs benoit matches have been so good in the past is because it is so uncommon in the wwe. if your to see it every week it'll become as boring and stale as the rock.
    if they're going to bring in a lot of amatuer wrestlers they'll need to bring in a mix of martial arts and high flying wrestlers as well to keep a good mix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

What WWE should do?

Call it a day... shut down the company, and give all the money to children's charities around the world.

THATS what they should do.

If thats the case then all of hollywood and the music business should shut down.

Originally posted by bombidol
    If thats the case then all of hollywood and the music business should shut down.

not *all* of it

What parts then? The ones you decide on? I dont like bollywood movies should i try and shut them down, or perhaps myself and a group of like minded people should do it?.

Originally posted by bombidol
    What parts then? The ones you decide on? I dont like bollywood movies should i try and shut them down, or perhaps myself and a group of like minded people should do it?.

whatever...

I'm entitled to express my opinion, and in my opinion, it's disgusting how many billions of dollars in revenue are generated annually by such an industry and it would be better served funding many of the very worthy children's charities worldwide.

what im trying to say is you cant pick on one group and call it disgusting just because you arent a fan of their product. You are entitled to your opinion but i ahve to disagree here we cant change something just because WE dont like it.

The WWx is very active in a number of charities in the states - promoting voting (for all the good it does...) and particularly in the Make A Wish foundation (which gives coffin-dodging kids the chance to realise their dream).
    In fact the Rock was named the #1 wish-granter last year by the foundation.

Remember a lot of kiddies make up a large proportion of the WWx audience - I doubt they'd be happy to lose it. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement