Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IJUG Users warning!

Options
  • 08-08-2002 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Although you will probably notice when you get the newsletter but just in case.

I got the newsletter but the first portion of the page lists all users in the IJUG and their password.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

My newsletter was fine. At what time did you recieve this mail?

Did anyone else experience the same thing?

cheers
    ;-phobos-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

If you're referring to the August newsletter then mine looks fine.
    I can only see my login details and nobody elses.
    Hope I'm not overlooking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Mine doesn't have user details other then my own but the content-type header is listed a few hundred times. Its also not being recognised as a header ( along with everything after the From header ).

Zab.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I got this too, at the start of the message, every user whose name began with A, B, C .... S was listed, along with their password, in reverse order.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Originally posted by Puck
    If you're referring to the August newsletter then mine looks fine.
    I can only see my login details and nobody elses.
    same here,
    only my username/password is listed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I got the following username and passwords in mine (Note no passwords). I was going to reply to the address on the newsletter but as I don't know if it's a good idea. Also I posted a warning to IJUG discussion forum and changed my password, but since changing it I can no longer log into the IJUG site so prehaps someone might want to give them this list.

[edited]

List removed. You can learn more details at this thread. Log into IJUG and just drag drop that link into the window, otherwise you can't read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Originally posted by Hobbes
    I got the following username and passwords in mine (Note no passwords). I was going to reply to the address on the newsletter but as I don't know if it's a good idea. Also I posted a warning to IJUG discussion forum and changed my password, but since changing it I can no longer log into the IJUG site so prehaps someone might want to give them this list.
    can't access the IJUG site.
    site must be down.
    want to change password, my name is listed in your post. i suppose every elses name/password is listed also

I suspect that we will all end up with generated passwords. I'm sure this will teach people not to use the same passwords for every site they belong to though ;)

And I'm guessing here but that looks like it could be ALL of IJUG's members?

Zab.

Originally posted by Zab
    I suspect that we will all end up with generated passwords.

Or at least that's what I would have done. But I just changed my password anyway.

Zab.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

for ****s sake.

off i go to change my fricking web passwords.

Gav

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭flyz

Originally posted by Hobbes

mmm... I'm on that list, I signed up a few months back,
    I've never gotten an email from IJUG though

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Hey Simon,

Thanks for the warning.

Maybe you should eventually edit the post to remove the names at some stage.

Dunno how much of a big deal it is, but some people can be extremely zealous about not having their names posted with stuff like this.

E.g. a recruiter looking to fill a Java position would be extremely happy to have this list :)

Like I said, I don't know how much of a big deal it is...

Finally, a question - is this the entire list you received? My name is not on there (and obviously starts with "A")...

cheers,
    Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

hmm. I just noticed admin on that list.

Gav

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by Trojan
    Finally, a question - is this the entire list you received? My name is not on there (and obviously starts with "A")...

Removed the list, point taken (although just being on the list doesn't mean much as they can get it from the site).

The accounts from what I gather were sent out to certain people and then only certain accounts. Bug somewhere but it's sorted now AFAIK.

Advertisement