Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new window question

Options
  • 08-08-2002 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

folks

say i want to have a link on a page to click here for a map to appear in a new window...... but the new window will be the size of the map.... not a massive screen with a small map in the corner.....

can you do this in dreamw or do you use the noresize ???? tags in the HTML code

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭whiteshadow

:( eh.. lost me there...

have a look at
    http://javascriptkit.com/popwin/index.shtml

the site will generate the javascript for you
    to have a popup, full instructions come with it.

just create a new file, map.html or whatever with
    your map in it...

and just follow the instructions at the site above...

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

you`re using dreamweaver i take it, very simple to do, highlight the text or image you want to use as a hyper link, then selct behaviours(window>>behaviours) then select open new browser windows.

Here you can specify the window size, and to what file file you wish to open(html or jpegs etc.)

With a bit of messing around with this you`ll become a expert at it in no time at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭paddyc

many thanks lads, as ever you have helped me out no end.... thanks

Advertisement