Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Presidental chat

Options
  • 08-08-2002 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭

Hmm... I just had a thought. What if some of the members of IOFFL talk directly to the president online, when she's on next?

the transcript is at: http://home.eircom.net/president/transcript.html

Here's an extract that seems to be relevent to us

What are your thoughts on the future of the computer industry in relation to the US markets?

President McAleese-> I have been in the United States twice in the past four months and although there is a lot of shakiness in the IT market at present, I find there to be a continued support for Ireland and for the great work that Irish people have undertaken in US companies here. We can only hope that all of the elements which go towards making us a great location for US companies continues for the future

And, on a side-note... Do you think Eircom would omit the question and answer if it was put up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

It's not live in the actual live sense (AFAIK).I remember before this chat was on (a few weeks back) they were asking for people to put their questions in, meaning they would screen them of course, and pick out the ones they like.

I doubt they would let any telecoms Qs get through, what with it making them look bad and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭timod

I put in a few questions relevant to our campaign to the President when it was on.

None of my questions were put to her though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

What use is she anyway ? No offense to her or her office but c'mon. Not an important job at all.

Advertisement