Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite PC Game Ever?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

i notice a lot of ya have half-life down.

now i only started playin this lately over a lan with a few friends, they is all mad into counter strike but i just love the normal half-life, tis so much fun, love the crossbow too snipin people gives ya an evil grin, and the trackin rocket lanucher, the skins/models class too, and its hectic pase. I is not a huge quake fan, tis okay in small doses.

oh and soldat deserves a mention for sheer game play havent' had so much fun with a game like this in ages, especially the rambo mode, total madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

Half Life. Sorry for being unoriginal, I hope you all can forgive me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Tails

Half-Life because of the enjoyability and length of the original game and because of the mods eg DoD and CS in particualr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Quake, Half-life and Deus Ex.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Half-Life
    Jedi Knight 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Monkey Island 1+2 (and basically any of the LucasArts series Grim Fandango, Full Throttle, Day of the Tentacle etc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭pat kenny

System Shock 2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

It's between Doom and Quake 2 for me.

Doom was the first game I ever thought was amazing.

Quake2 was quite simply the boss of everything back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

SWOSECE!!
    Long live Seinsible Soccer :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 **/<::ë::/\/**

definetly has 2 be operation flashpoint!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

Any of the "Monkey Island" games,

Half-life, Cannon Fodder, Wolf 3d as well as Doom, Quake.

But my favourites have to be the Civ trilogy....

Sid Meier is a GENIUS!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Monkey Island (1), it was one of the first right games I ever played and bought my self.

I bought it in a local computer shop and was ripped off!

But it was worth it!

- Monument

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Rise of the Triad (ROTT)
    Great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

http://www.funet.fi/pub/culture/russian/lyrics/political/SovietUnionNationalAnthem_RedArmyChorus.mp3
    Flashpoint lets you listen to that while installing.
    Sets you up for the game straight away.
    Upt here with C&C's origional install routine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

I've gotta say X-Wing, it just holds a special place in my heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

Another Half-Life follower

unmistakably the best game i every bought.

The involved story line, the puzzles, the sheer LENGHT of the game and of course being able to play it from different perspectives like in OPPOSING FORCE!

After finishing both games, TWICE i eventually got into games like TFC and half-life online which i was in utter awe at even though people had played them online for 2 years b4 hand.

TFC rocks, bring on Half-Life 2 and Team Fortress 2 ( /me prays)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Mikill

Would have to mention these from the top of my head.

Thief 1/2
    Half-Life
    Grim Fandango
    Monkey Island 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Pax Imperia: Eminent Domain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭JarJar blinks

Hmmm I thought up of eight of my favourites, mostly Classics from PC/MAC

1Half-Life
    2Secret of Monkey Island2
    3Nuclear War
    4Prince of Persia
    5Golden Axe
    6Full Throttle
    7Rainbow Islands
    8Might N Magic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Kim Tae-Woo

PowerMonger, Le Labyrinthe, Black N White, King's Quest, HeimDall, Le Rouge, Populous 2, X Tetris, Duke Nuke em, Quake 3, Theme Parrk, Lemmings, Ghost Busters, Nomad Soul

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Sorry, for me it has to be Black & White, I love that game as much as pie, and i like pie,
    Aslo Half-life has cause many hours of non productivness and being shouted at by my parents saying that I'll never pass my leaving cert playing that stupid computer.
    Rainbox Islands and New Zealand story are two more of my Favourites (Funnily enough, I visited New zealand earlier this year and let me tell u, its nothing like in that game!)
    Championship manager aswell..

But nothing will replace Cannon foddr, for sheer brilliance. I loved that game way before I ever heard of Half-life or that it is the amount of time for half the nucleii in a radioactive sample to decay (hehehe, whatta u know, I learned summin)

If Cider was a game, I'd say every1 would play it at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

I really liked the orginal duke nukem cuz it was one fo the first games that i played(that i can remember), golden axe was pretty cool aswell, Double Dragons kicked ass too!! Thats was loads of fun! I like half life to and The Age of Empires games r deadly too. Well thats a few of the games that i really enjoyed playing, i know i'm i forgetting loads of cool games but ohwell.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Duke Nukem, Command & Conquer, Rainbow 6, Half-Life and Championship Manager are all top.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

PPC, I still have ROTT, that was a pretty innovative game. It was the first time I saw jump pads in a game, also you could look up and down (I think it got there before Dark Forces did, didn't it ?), and also the way the germans would beg for you not to shoot them, then get up and try to kill you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Elvish

Mine has to be UFO Enemy Unknown! Those damn Ethereals and those floating torsos!!!!!

You could play that came so many different ways it was incredible. And the combat, don't get me started about the combat. The tension of finding that last alien on a crash site or huge battlles in a modern city.

Long live X-Com!!!!!!!

-rob

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

ah i remember those x-com games. i had mmmmm terror from the deep i think on the ps. The tennsion did rise in that game somethin else with those little bastardin aliens popin upall over the placeah must get a few for the PC i imagein they only be a few quid by this stage. defo recommends it! Turnbased but good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

rott was pretty cool alright, the first fps i played that allowed you to look up/down.
    duke nukem 1 & 2 were sh|t cool back in the day, i'm getting a good nostalgia buzz off manhatten project at the mo
    hard to believe that dn1 is 10 years old now!

What about the classic shareware games of the 90's??

Goblins1, 2, the Space Quest games (typing parser games), the Commander Keen games, the Cosmo games, the duke nukem original games...the list goes on.

These are classic games, enjoy them folks.
    They defined the memories of the older PC gamers memories.

Ah the days!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Berger

i would have to say doom 2, it was addictive back in the day. maybe cr*p by todays standards but it was the first fps i liked ;)

bring on doom 3 :D

Advertisement