Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite PC Game Ever?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

Lotus III will always have a special place in my heart.

UFO: Defense and X-Com: Terror from the Deep are my fav games, pure genius. I ****e my pants everytime I see one of those brain things in TFTD. *shudder*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

Spectrum: it had to be Laser Squad followed by Chaos

Amiga: Dune II

PS1: Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil II

PC playing now: Ghost Recon

PC all time: Half Life, Starcraft

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

1) WarHammer - Dark Omen

2) Half-Life (Not for the actual game or it's Mod's - But for WorldCraft)

3) Miscellaneous (Spelling)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭glimmerman

manic miner
    jet set willy
    and of course...
    chuckie egg???

all on the speccy
    <reaches for razor to remove long grey beard>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

TFTD was excellent except for the alien bases, Enemy Unknown still owns it though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

1) System Shock 2
    2) Civ2
    3) Doom2
    4) Monkey Island 2

Mabye sequels aren't bad after all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Unreal Tournament - there have been some prentenders which have distracted me for a week or two but UT is the game Ive played for years and years. Cant be too much wrong with it- maybe me, but not UT:)

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Paulj

On the pc: Half-life , UT, Dune II

On the BBC micro: Exile - which i recently got working under emulation on the PC.

And of course Elite which was truely ground braking in its day. Anyone remember attacking one of the space stations and swarms of Police ships (Vipers) come chasing after you? That was great crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Day of the Tentacle
    Tie Fighter
    Hidden and Dangerous (flawed perfection)
    Half Life

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Commandos (any of them)
    AOE2 (many wasted hours)
    Civ 2 (many wasted months - now still playing 3 (damn win2k)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

Grim Fandango
    Or Final Fantasy 7 ( I just luv that game)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Guess the games;

My number 1 is a bit like SW: galactic battlegrounds in an MMORPG-Type universe. Ran my phone bill up to €300 that month. One hugely addictive game, topped off by one of the greatest music tracks of all time for games. Played it for about 4 months, then the phone bills and 2hr disconnect forced me to stop... Its a shame too, I love that game..

My number 2 is an MMORPG, Which had me playing non-stop for a month, until NoLimits told me down the phone they'll be charging me £3 an hour, therfore scaring me right off :p .. didnt stop me playing though, just reduced my playing time. I played for about 6months after the beta testing phase. Game includes 3 classes to play as, a mining system and was recently updated to 1.4

Number 3 being the first non-online-only game in the list, the first pc game I played on a pc owned by myself. The demo won me over. Features one of the largest collections of mods, skins and levels in gaming history, and includes 7 dark jedi..

Number 4 revolutionized (spelling) FPS gaming history, and is the 3rd in its series. 'Nuff said.

And finally, Number 5; Build a city thats invaded by UFO's, prone to earthquakes and space debris. Once again, 'Nuff said.

Number 1: Shattered Galaxy
    Number 2: Legend Of Mir
    Number 3: Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight
    Number 4: Quake3
    Number 5: SimCity 3000

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Tribes 1 without a question or a doubt! Most fun I've ever had in any game has come from Tribes 1. Absolute laughter pure teamplay action speed and fun all in one amazing game. Can't be beaten.

Ry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Most played game for me is Quake II. Favourite game of all time is Elite (ST version was great as the ships weren't wire framed unlike all versions up until that time).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

1. quakeworld
    2. masters of magic
    3. counter-strike
    4. warcraft 3
    5. dark age of camelot
    6. digger
    7. starcraft
    8. red alert
    9. ultima online
    10. duke nukem 3d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

monkey island series,
    half life,
    quake 1,
    sensible soccer (amiga i know),
    minesweeper AHAHAHHA:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭TetsuoHashimoto

Chaos Engine
    Final Fantasy
    Power Monger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

Originally posted by Tizlox
    Number 4 revolutionized (spelling) FPS gaming history, and is the 3rd in its series. 'Nuff said.

Number 4: Quake3

What a pile of crap. Quake 3 DID NOT revolutionise FPS gaming history. Quake 1 did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Brian Bennette

The Money Islands
    Silent Hill
    Soul blade
    Silent Scope
    Metal Gear Solid1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Deus Ex, Half Life, Operation Flashpoint, GTA 1 and 3, Fallout 1 and 2, Unreal Tournament, Ghost Recon, Flight Simulator 2k2, System Shock 2, Max Payne and Civilization 2 in no particular order.

As for Quake 3, UT done pure deathmatch about 6 months before it and done it a lot better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TheDuke

Hidden & Dangerous - never have or have since played a game with so much atmosphere and suspence no matter how often you play it.....

In place two is: DOOM I & II, DukeNukem 3D, Unreal Tournament

Don't like: Quake I to III - cool graphics but booring game play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭BJJ

Thief
    FiFan7
    Prince o Persia
    Command n Conquer
    Ultima
    Might n Magic
    Quake
    Chaos Engine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Johnny Gomez

Championship Manager is my favourite game on ANY system.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Highnoon

Half Life - (haven't played Blue Shift)
    The Thief games I and II (can't wait for III)
    Alien vs Predator I was alot of fun.

and I seem to remember a game I used to play as a wee child called Dig Dug I think. Not a PC game as far as I know but it damn well should be;) aaahh the memories

Advertisement