Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

And You Think Your Having A Bad Day At Work !!

Options
  • 08-08-2002 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

AND YOU THINK YOUR HAVING A BAD DAY AT WORK !!

Although this looks like a picture taken from a Hollywood movie, it is in fact a real photo, taken near the South African coast during a military exercise by the British Navy.

It has been nominated by Geo as "THE photo of the year".

jaws.jpg

http://www.geo.de/
    Its in German and i dont read it but of someone else does see if you can find it...
    Just thinking this is probablt more a humanities/after hours thing... its not a joke so not humour but it was all i could think of at the time!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Although this looks like a picture taken from a Hollywood movie, it is in fact a real photo, taken near the South African coast during a military exercise by the British Navy.
    hmmmmmm, yeah, sure it is

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I know it looks unlikely.. anyway if there are any german speakers check out the Geo site and see if they can find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Its a fake. Some one i showed it to said he saw it in a newspaper in Scotland.

Also the picture appears to be a fresh water area . The bridge is made outta iron or steel or something. Dont they use concrete for saltwater bridges as metal erodes to quickly?

That shark aint a freshwater animal :P

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Saruman, I couldn't see that picture on the site.

Handy one for ya in future, if you need a web page translated.
    Go to Google. Enter the address into the search box and then choose translate when it finds it. Very good for reading the articles in Japanese Playboy :)

M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

brilliant pic, not sure if im a believer tho

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭frood4t2

For the South African coast, it looks likes the Golden Gate Bridge to me in the background. Still a great picture, whether it's doctored or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

Saw that before. The Shark is Super Imposed on the Picture of an American UH-60 Black Hawk.

;)

Its during Training, and If I Can Find the original Pic, The Picture in the Link above is actually Reversed

But It looks funny, so thats all that matters :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

Dam you ppl its real , I filmed it in my bath tub with my action man set!

Advertisement