Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ever so slowly...

Options
  • 08-08-2002 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

Ag. You people are sick. You're making me give in to my evil urges. I mean, i bought CHOCOLATE today.God, im such a fatass. I've had an ice cream and a bar. And i feel so bad about myself.And it'sonly 5:34. I didnt need to eat.

Andi bought LEVIS.HELPME.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Unless you personally have a problem with wearing Levi's then forget about it, if anyone gives you hassle: fsck them. Don't ever give a bollocks about what anyone thinks of you, especially if it's negative thinking.

Secondly, buy the chocolate, eat the chocolate, enjoy the chocolate. If you're that damn worried about getting fat then eat it and go on a 5 mile run. Believe me, 5 miles will easily get rid of 330G of chocolate -- see some of Amsterdam whilst your at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Hmm...
    I'm going to say this once more, and then,If you heed me, I shall leave you i peace about this:

SHUT THE FooK UP!!!

You aren't fat.
    LIVE WITH IT!!! Calista Flockheart(sp.,but i couldnt give a faece) would be scared by your rhetoric.You sound worse than your sister.I've known you for many years, and this sudden drive of weight related attention-seeking is new and disturbing.

Yes,I am pissed off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Dalamar

get over it. you're fine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Chocolate is a beautiful thing. Let yourself love it, don't feel guilty about it.... besides, giving into evil urges is fun.

You are not fat. Eating is a normal thing... we need to do it to live, so stop thinking of yourself as gluttenous for wanting to. We need to. I know what it's like to hate yourself for eating something, what it's like to get a kick out of ignoring the hunger pains and telling yourself you don't need food, but believe me - working through all that crap will leave you a lot happier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

<hits garog>... seriously man... we gotta talk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Originally posted by dukman
    I mean, i bought CHOCOLATE today.God, im such a fatass. I've had an ice cream and a bar. And i feel so bad about myself.And it'sonly 5:34. I didnt need to eat.
    Woohoo :) On average these days Im eating a full packet of pringles (salt & vinegar), several of those large cadburys bars (Top Decks) and about 1.5 - 2 litres coke. And very little else actually :) And im not fat by any stretch of the imagination, quite the oppsite in fact. Although I probably do have bad cholestoral and/or diabetes by now, and I recently learned that pringles are carconogenic as well. But its prefect food for sitting through hours of gaming :)

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

i'm not even gonna bother retorting. For god's sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

everything is carcenogenic if you take too much of them.

Kids, fat is a relative term. It is a mentality more than anything.

People call me fat, so what? "I am in shape, round is a shape."

I have seen anorexia and bullemia destroy people, and it's not a good thing.

Thin is a mentality, thin can make people feel better.

Obsession with size/shape/weight is purely pyschological and almost nothing to do with the actual appearance of a person.

Telling someone "you're fine" does not change how they feel.

Garóg, you sound like you have an anorexic problem, and i'd suggest you talk to someone, seriously. Dont let it get out of control, because once it has you will spent virually the rest of your life fighting against it if you do recover from it.

<< Fio >>

I honestly dont see the point. You seem to be the only person to come to that conclusion. A lot of people think i do it for ATTENTION. Excuse me, but I would think if I wanted attention, i would find a less suicidal way of getting it. I cant help my eating habits. And besides, its not like you care anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Garóg, sweetie - people don't offer advice unless they care. :p

• Advertisement

I was not getting angry at anyone in particular, just the people who slag me off/ get pissed off/ etc.

Garóg, I tried talking to you and I asked you to talk to someone a good few weeks ago but from what I could tell you simply weren't interested. I don't really think you can possibly enjoy life the way you're living it right now and I can't see any way of you stopping your current behaviour without seeing someone. Seriously. I don't have ICQ installed anymore, but when you're back in Eire tell me and I'll install it again. Please man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

I honestly dont see the point. You seem to be the only person to come to that conclusion.

really? then people are a lot slower than i thought.
    A lot of people think i do it for ATTENTION. Excuse me, but I would think if I wanted attention, i would find a less suicidal way of getting it.

you'd be surprised what you do unconsciously, i dont think it is for attention, i think you've got a problem that you need help with, however you are different from most people with real anorexia as you let people know.

I cant help my eating habits. And besides, its not like you care anyway.

You can't help them *now*, do you want to be able to help them? Do you like being like this?

Of course I care, i've known people who've spent lots of time in hospitals over similar stuff.

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭shep the malevolent pixie

garog sweetheart, please stop this. if you think you're "fat" (which, by the way, you're not *at all*) then eat healthily. that doesn't mean to say you shouldn't eat at all, but if it really bothers you that much then eat healthy foods regularly. because eating nothing at all will just kill you, very painfully over a long space of time. salads. i like vegetable foodstuffs, try lettuce with balsamic vineagar salad dressing, it's really good. :D
    anyway, i'm almost certain some of that made sense....leave me alone, i haven't slept in quite a long time.
    sHep :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Bit of advice, never listen to your mind Re: food.

Listen to your stomach.
    If i didnt do that i'd be seriously ill by now. its better to be fat rather than to be ill or have a seriously self destructive tendency.

I have some idea of what you're going through, though there was a less concious noticing of it on my part. my mind used to subconciously block the fact i was hungry, so i'd go a long time without food. And thus had to put up with an entire class in school slagging me calling me anorexic.

My point here is that your health is a lot more important than how you look (and man, you are not fat in the least) and you need to reach a point where you feel comfortable with who you are and how your body is. its the only way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

The Fat issue:
    OK.I have been called at in the past.I know I am fat, but not because people say so.I know this but I am still very happy with who I am.I don't give the slightest piece of a $hit what people think.It sounds revoltingly tacky and cliche,but it IS what's inside that counts.If I lose weight:YAY!
    If I don't: who gives a fook?

It'll probably cath up on me when I die from various coronary problems, but until then...

So,In short I don't get depressed by weight-related insults or insecurities.I get depressed by MUCH less important things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Hat Girl

you aren't fat. I'm pretty blunt with people, and youre not fat;
    don't make me hurt you, coz i like you too much.
    xxx
    t

Hugh, you're not fat. You're built, but you seriously aren't fat. Now, me on the other hand ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Hug, If you are fat then i have never seen it. Possibly you are but for some reason it doesn't show up.

Me... I need to lose weight. I just end up eating without thinking.

Garóg, ok... seriously... whenever I've said shut up it wasn't about this, it was about making little nasty comments at people simply cause you're annoyed. As I've said I'd like to talk with you about stuff, not cause I think you're flawed <who am I to say who's right in the head eh?> but because i simply want to find out why you eat as you and see if there are any issues we can work out... y'know... as friends. So be cool man. And yeah eat blah blah. etc. got that?

Advertisement