Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending Email From Command Line ?

Options
  • 08-08-2002 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭

Here's the problem:

I need to send a mail with an attached data file to Joe Soap every two hours. Each time the mail is sent the data file attached will have changed.

I have been playing around with Windows 2000/NT Scheduler and this can be set to execute an application or batch file whenever scheduled.

Does anyone know of an email app that be run at command line level with parameters to send a mail as detailed above to Joe Soap ? If so this could easily be scheduled with Win2K scheduler.

Any help/tips would be greatly appreciated,

Slán,
    jAH

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Typing "Command Line Emailer" into google got me these:

This

and

This

Both should help. I have another that I used to use around somewhere, msend, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Thanks a Million Jaden, that's exactly what I was looking for, that osusmtp.exe seems like a very handy utility.

Slán,
    jAH

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭quinta

If for the proggie mentioned above doesn't work BLAT is pretty much the de facto standard for command line emailing.

Do a search in google for it, you can pretty much do anything with it from the command line ;)

Advertisement