Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Old Console Game Would You Like To See Make a Return?

Options
  • 08-08-2002 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭

I'd really like to see another Earthworm Jim game, i still remember playing the first two to completion on the Mega-Drive years ago. It's a shame we haven't seen the series continued on any of the next-gen consoles.

The Alucard thread reminds me of the fun i had with Castlevania on the Playstation, i'd love to see a new Castlevania game just as long as they didn't take out the RPG elements to it or make it 3d

Super Metroid was a lot of fun too in it's time, aren't they supposed to be working on a new version of that for the Game Cube?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

yup, metroid prime is looking pretty foxy, hope they make a decent game out of it.
    driver 3 might be decent, not sure what theyre trying to prove by setting it in miami tho:confused:
    (that 'two faced tanner' thing must've got to them)
    too tired to think of any others that i'm looking forward to:o
    a new installment in the flashback (or is it another world?) series would be pretty sweet...
    unlikely tho

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Earthworm Jim made a disasterous 3D debut on the N64.

I'm excited by Metroid Prime, but only because of the name. The screenshots/movies and rumours don't fill me with excitement. I'm really looking forward to Metroid Fusion on the GBA though.

Looking back at my favourite games of the 16bit era, I can't think of any that would work well in 3D. I would love a nice proper 2D sequel to Micromachines though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Robotron X just for the mindlessness of it all, probally is one out there a new one but i haven't heard anything about it.

oh a summer olypics, i know theres a winter one but when are they gonna do a new good summer one where the gopher pops up outta the sand bit for the jump, the best multi button bashin game in the world, i miss them. *sniffles*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

How could you all forget shining force? they were the greatest RPG's of all time IMO, NEED an emulator that runs shining force 2 tho, if you have one gimme it plz (dont point to emulators forum, no point makin a thread for this question :)).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Turrican.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

As far as i know, Sega have another Shining Force game in development.

Lemme try and find a link.....

http://shining.zophar.net/campaign/news.html

Shining Soul, It should be out on the GBA about now in Japan...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

shcolll daze on the sinclair (yea I know is was a computer & not a console) but was a great game & just ripe for a remake on the latest consoles/pc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

bak 2 skool too!!!

would love to see some speccy classics again :)

"I cannot tell a lie sir. It was Eric"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Midnight Resistance from the c64, god i`d love a bash at that again.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by bazH
    Midnight Resistance from the c64, god i`d love a bash at that again.

That was that side-on shoot-em-up where you play as this Rambo type guy wasn't it? That was such a class game.

I'd love to see a remake of Rick Dangerous, although I guess it would just end up being the same as Tomb Raider.

• Advertisement

i know the first 2 in the destruction derby series were pretty pants, but i'd love to see a next gen follow up to dd raw (one of my fave console racers).
    dino crisis 3 is looking pretty dodgy, it's set in the future or something. (all jet packs & spaceships & crap like that:( )
    definitely looking forward to the revamped resi series (anyone know if code veronica is getting released on the cube)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Originally posted by tman
    anyone know if code veronica is getting released on the cube
    dont think so.
    game cube doesnt need another resi game, already it is getting resi 0,1,2,3 & 4.
    is that not enough :confused:

back on topic.

i'd like to see a remake of Flashback, remember playing that on my trusty Megadrive, i taught it was a tough game, can barely remember what it was like. its years old now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

They should remake Jungle Hunt cus the boulder dash was just crazy stuff and the final level was great cus you got the gurl if you could manage to jump the natives and stab them in the back.
    :)

jungle26.jpg

game cube doesnt need another resi game, already it is getting resi 0,1,2,3 & 4.
    i just wanna see mor of claire redfield:)
    i think code veronica was the sequel to 3, so maybe it's being released as 4, too lazy to check it tho
    flashback had a half decent sequel called 'fade to black', a bit of a let down, but they should definitely make another sequel (i'm amazed they havnt yet)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

ShadowRun - SNES / MegaDrive
    New Zealand Story - C64

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

memories are flooding back

1. Dizzy
    2. School daze & School daze 2 "back to skool"
    3. New zealand story
    4. Turrican

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Thx alot for that mbroaders, its just a pity most of the shining force games were on the saturn, which i dont have :(
    One coming out on GBA would be good tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I woould like to see some old Amiga clasics come back, Like shaddow of the beast series, i think it was out on mega drive as well. Oh and Digital Illusions pinball games were great, ' pinball dreams' and all. I got them all going on a emulator and i cant stop playing them since, gta3 is being pushed by the way side!

Code Veronica is being released on the GameCube, its a port of Code Veronica X for the PS2.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm
    resi 0
    lookin pretty good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I remember the two Rick Dangerous games on the C64 and Amiga, they were awesome but a little tough

Shadow of the Beast was really good on the Amiga but the SNES incarnation was pretty poor :( i think i'd prefer to leave that one

ShadowRun was a really inventive game in it's time, i'm suprised no one has tried to make a similar game to that on the PS2 (don't say FFX)

I think a remake on Dizzy games would be crap since they'd do it in 3d or some crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

Golden Eye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Tails

Originally posted by l3rian
    Golden Eye

Well you cant really make another game of the same movie, all the other band games so far have been toss.

Although on sayin that i havent tried the new one out.

Back onto the subject spy hunter or creatures id like to see revisted

Spy Hunter was revisited, its poo. They're also making a movie of it, starring The Rock. Aha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Last Ninja 2. Cool game that seemed to be the last 'great' C64 game before the Amiga started taking over.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by Rabies
    i'd like to see a remake of Flashback, remember playing that on my trusty Megadrive, i taught it was a tough game, can barely remember what it was like. its years old now.

They did make a sequel. Fade To Black. A 3d one too.
    No-one bought it cos it was a bit ahrd to get to grips with control wise.
    Flashback itself was a sequel to "Another World".
    I'm pretty sure FB was the first game I ever bought, for me Amiga600

I'd like to see another sequek to Frontier (X-BTF was shíte - closest I've seen so far is I-war2- Edge of Chaos which rules)
    Cannon Fodder deserves some sort of update, even a ported one that runs in windows/loonix.
    A multiplayer CF would kick ass :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Tails

Id also like to see cannon fodder remade.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

NES Nintendo:
    Castlevania and Tetris

SNES Super Nintendo
    Mario Cart On Battle Mode - Sweet!

Mega Drive
    Rock and Roll Racing - Brilliant Multiplayer with Some Easy listening Music :)

EA Hocky - Made for some Good Laughs and Some hilarious Fights

N64
    Golden Eye - Dunno if its that old but it Deserves a Mention

SNES Super Nintendo
    Mario Cart On Battle Mode - Sweet!
    now you're talkin!
    easily the best multiplayer racing game i've ever played.

a new game in the syphon filter series would be pretty cool too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

yes mariokart will be amazing fun

http://www.nintendo.no/gamecube/spill/video/mkgcdemo.mov

4-5 minuues download

notice the attention to detail as mario taps the accelerator while he power slides

Advertisement